Chapter 5: Butterflies & Hennessy

Cinnamon
I sat in my window stalking the sun as it rose from the horizon. My apartment may be tiny but the view was breathtaking. The only thing that kept turning over in my head was the name Dez. The closest person I knew with that name was Desmond Fuentes. A very old heart throb from middle school into high school. We were the "It Couple" back in school. The relationship didn't even end on a bad note. It ended mid sentence, lingering into the night as he pulled off. That was so so long ago she thought to herself. No way I could just run into him in CALIFORNIA! A billion miles away from home..right?

The sun was in the sky shining down on her through the window as she smiled. Cinnamon was something like a flower because she absolutely adored the sun.

"Sweetnesssss!!! Can we go to Waffle House I am starvinggggg.." Sapphire groaned as she was waking up from the couch. My morning ritual/meditation was over. The day had begun.

"Only if we can go to the mall then the beachh" I said back smiling that amazing smile.

I moved away to stop living in the past. Time to enjoy life I declared to myself running to the couch pouncing on Sapphire giggling.

Desmond
"Okay no I didn't ask you that. What I asked was: What's the deal with you backing out on this agreement? Last night you said you had everything now today you in MY face with not even HALF of my sh*t.!" Dez stated in his firm business voice. "I don't appreciate liars brah it ain't tolerated either you get me the rest of my goods by.." he glances at his rose gold watch, "7:00 sharp or get to writing your eulogy. Got it?" Dez sternly said. "Get him tf outta my face.." he shooed the guy away. Business was booming as usual but even the slightest draw back made him snap. He was a perfectionist and too intelligent to f*** over. Never call yourself playing him when he's already 6 steps ahead.

As I counted my money smoking, I couldn't help but think about the maroon dressed bandit from last night. That face is too familiar I thought. Only person I knew with a baby face like that was lil shorty I went to school with. We dominated the halls without even trying. I smiled to himself thinking of the past. That smile immediately faded when I thought of that particular night that tore us apart. It was for the best..get this money first worry about feelings later wayyy later I reassured myself shutting the thoughts down.

"aye Enrique! I heard something about mommy coming to see us? Did you know about that??" I wondered.

"Why yes I think she said something about that." A woman's voice answered. A voice of home.

"Enrique what's up with.." I turned around blunt in mouth "Mum!?" My eyes were bigger than the diamonds in my ear. I swatted the smoke and slapped the blunt out of my mouth dusting myself off. "What are you doing here? How..how did you..mum it's really you.." I stammered. My mom was standing right there. In a room full of money, smoke, and secrets.

"I didn't think being a pharmacist paid THIS well" she laughed.