Chapter 9: MOB town

Cinnamon
According to Cinnamon's mom a couple months prior, she better have been home for the MLK & Trinity Gardens Parade. As much as Cinnamon dreaded the idea of being back in Mobile, she really did miss the family.

All that she thought about was seeing everybody and eating good food the whole plane ride.

She decided to take a nap since the flight was only 4 hours. She knew once she stepped foot in Alabama again, there would be no rest.

Desmond
"I can't believe it hasn't changed a bit down here.." I spoke staring out the window watching the familiar scenery pass by.

"Yeah we got some more food places & entertainment but other than that everything is everything Doodle Butt" Mrs. Fuentes stated.

I cringed at the sound of my childhood nickname. If any of my consumers found out about that name, I would basically become a joke.

"So Doodle Butt we getting some fits for the parades this week?" J beamed from the back seat refusing to sit back. Benjamin on the other hand was knocked out. The plane ride didn't treat him so well.

"Yeah I mean I'm sure Bel-Air ain't like SunValley but shid it's home" I smiled before getting popped in the mouth.

"You know how I feel about cursing son damn!" Mrs. Fuentes continued driving pulling up to the old house Desmond knew too well.

He instantly reminisced about all the days & nights with her. "Baby can we watch SpongeBob please please pleaseeee" she begged with those big brown eyes. He laughed slightly to himself surrendering the remote. The way her eyes lit up made him realize how important she was to him. "I'm never letting you go.." he whispered to himself.

He was violently snatched out of his flashback by a hyperactive J. J was literally on the roof of the house shirtless. Desmond didn't know how or why he does stuff like this but he still went in the house getting the broom. This is gonna be a long week.

Cinnamon
"Auntieeeee" the tiny toddler screamed running full wobbly speed at me. I instantly dropped my bags & picked her up holding her tight. That started an avalanche of kids tackling me with affection. I was missed.

"Cinna why did you leave!"
"OOOUU i wuv your hairrr"
"Kaydennn mooveeee this my auntieee"
"Okay everybody can move I was the first born niece"
"It ain't my fault you old!"

"HEY! YALL THATS ENOUGH give Cinnamon a chance to breathe sheesh she just got here!" My mom stated walking out of the kitchen.

I loved nothing more than being at my grandma's house with the whole family there. We chit chatted & caught up on everything until a question was asked causing the room to become silent.

"So where's you little friend? Not the girl, but that there boy you always brought around. He had some crazy hair. What was his name chile?" Grandma asked curiously.

Everybody else pretty much knew how bad the ordeal was & how it damaged Cinnamon's mentality. She had to get help but no one left her side through it all. That's why she loved her family; they understood.

"Desmond" I laughed a little to herself " yeah he did have crazy hair but uh granny we stopped seeing each other a while back. We just weren't compatible anymore.." I declared.

"Aw hush that fuss girl! You think that's the end of it? I been married 40 something years I know love & I know what y'all had was real. You'll see I'm not just some crazy old lady." Granny stated matter of factly.

Cinnamon took that into consideration as she played with the growing kids. She smiled to herself thinking about the upcoming parades. This is going to be a long long week. She giggled to herself.