Chapter Two

Chapter Two

"So here it says you're mentally unstable but doesn't define how..." I trailed off looking at the clipboard as he laid across the sofa.

"Elizabeth, tell me something." Calum paused and glanced over at me. "Have you ever gave therapy to a murderer before?"

"A murderer?" I spoke quietly. He nodded and sat up slightly, propping himself up with one arm.

"You heard me right." He chuckled. "That's all the doctors expression when they hear the story, it's never on the clipboard because it would scare the doctors away. Which by the way, I'd say you have ten seconds to run before you break the record of the longest a new doctor has stayed."

"Run?" I laughed softly.

I wasn't one to run.

I put the clipboard down.

"Yeah. I mean I could strangle you with my bare hands at any moment." He chuckled looking down at his hands."You could be another one of my victims."

The way he said the word, triggered something inside of me. It showed me something that he shouldn't be able to convey as a 'murderer' who is mentally ill. I tossed the clipboard onto the desk beside me.

"Tell me something about you." I spoke quietly. "We can get to know each other a little bit."

"You've broken the record, well done sweetheart." He chuckled before pausing. "Well, My name is Calum Thomas Hood I'm-"

"I mean something that isn't on the clipboard."

"Oh, I like bands I guess." He spoke and flopped back onto the sofa.

"What type of bands?"

"Blink 182... A few others." He trailed off slightly. "What about you?"

"I'm digging All Time Low right now." I smiled. His eyes widened.

"Wait you like-" I nodded and stood up and walked to the locker. I was probably breaking so many rules and it's only the first day here.
I pulled out my phone and went back to my seat. I scrolled through my playlist.

"What's your favourite?"

"I quite like backseat serenade." He smiled. I clicked on it and he smiled closing his eyes. I smiled watching the once cocky smirk on his face turn into something genuine, something a murderer doesn't know how to show completely.

A smile.