Chapter Six

Chapter Six

Calum

I watched as she laid in the infirmary bed, her eyes closed her breathing shallow.

"I didn't cause this, did I?" I asked Doctor Irwin who was tending to her. He shook his head.

"She jumped in front of your punch, so you won't be punished for that." He spoke softly. "Would you like Doctor Keys as your permanent Doctor?"

"I- She's just going to get hurt around me..." I looked down at my lap. Doctor Irwin chuckled.

"It doesn't matter who she has whilst she's here. She could be in charge of Clifford and still get hurt." Doctor Irwin laughed.

"Clifford wouldn't hurt anybody-"

"Anyone in here has the capability to hurt someone." Doctor Irwin spoke. "I have other patients to treat, I'll be around later."

--

I woke up to footsteps around the room, there I saw Doctor Keys stood in front of a mirror doing her hair, her uniform on her body.

"Good morning Calum." She smiled. "Are you ready for a day with me again?"

"You should still be laying down." I spoke concernedly. She laughed and turned to face me.

"I'm not letting anything like that keep me down." She smiled. "C'mon, lets go the canteen for something to eat."

"Please, Elizabeth." I begged. "J-Just lie down."

"Don't be silly, I'm fine." She walked over.

"I've changed Doctor, I'm with Doctor Hemmings." I rushed, lying right through my teeth. Her face fell.

"Oh, if that's the case I'll let Doctor Hemmings take care of you." She forced another smile onto her lips. "I hope you get better soon Mr. Hood."

She quickly turned and walked out the room. I stared after her.

I couldn't let her get hurt because of me.

"So you want me to be your Doctor?" I heard Doctor Hemmings behind me. I turned and saw him stood there.

"I don't want her getting hurt because of me, in fact, she doesn't deserve to be stuck in this place with the people who were put here." He sighed quietly.

"I'll go inform her that she has Clifford as her new patient then, do you wish to come with?" Doctor Hemmings asked. I hesitated before nodding.

She automatically started smiling when she met Clifford.

"Please just call me Elizabeth." She smiled that friendly smile that made me warm up to her when I first met her. "Can I call you Michael?"

Clifford nodded, not speaking. She smiled and offered her hand.

"Should we go have a small talk in my room?" She asked and he nodded and clung onto her hand. She smiled and walked towards her therapy room. I couldn't do anything but watch as she walked away with her new patient.

"It's for the best." I whispered to myself. "You won't get hurt this way."