Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen

I stepped out of the court and stretched outwards as I watched Doctor Hemming's be taken into a police van.

"Elizabeth-!" I heard Calum. I turned and was engulfed into a hug. "Thank you..." I laughed and hugged back.

"It's fine, so what's your plan now?" I asked. He hesitated pulling away from the hug.

"I-... I don't know. I don't really have anywhere to go-"

"You could always live with me?" I suggested before my brain registered what I was saying. His eyes widened.

"I don't want to be a burden to you." He spoke. I shook my head.

"Nonsense. It would be nice having another person in my house. It's not like I don't have the room- Kayla was meant to be moving in with me but her parents bought her a house closer to home. So the house was intended for two or more people." I spoke.

"A-Are you sure?" He asked. I nodded smiling up at him.

"I'm sure-" I smiled.

Ashton walked up to me and offered his hand.

"Congratulations- I knew you could do it." He smiled. I smiled back.

"I wouldn't have been able to do it if you hadn't worked over time to cover my shifts." I spoke grinning. "So thank you."

He grinned.

"I'm going to go show Calum his new place, I'll come back later-"

"It's fine, take the rest of the day off." Ashton smiled. "I expect you in tomorrow."

With that he got into his car and drove off.

"Shall we walk?"

--

I opened the front door and led Calum inside. He smiled as I shut and locked the door behind me.

"You have a really nice house." He spoke. I smiled.

"It's what I've worked for the past few years of my life." I smiled. "Follow me."

I showed him around the house and gave him the spare key I had in my drawer in my room.

"I am terribly sorry that the house isn't spotless, it's just been me here. I haven't really had much company." I apologised. He chuckled.

"It's fine." He smiled. "I'm going to go sleep for now."

"I'll wake you when dinner is ready." I spoke. He nodded and headed to his room.

--

After dinner I took him shopping for clothes and such and I bought more food whilst I was out, along with beer for him. Something I knew he hadn't had since he entered the asylum.

When we got home, we sat down and watched a film. Him with a beer in hand and me curled under my throw over. I felt my eyelids get heavier and I sunk further into the couch until I fell asleep.