Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

I watched him as he sat in the chair opposite me looking down and dejected.

"Hey, keep your chin up." I whispered and reached across the table and went to hold one of his hands as a method of comfort. However I hesitated and moved my hand back.

"Why should I?" He spat his voice wobbling. He swallowed deeply. "You wouldn't know." He flew out of his seat which caused me to stand up.

"Calum, calm down." I spoke softly.

"Don't tell me to calm down, you don't know!" His voice raised to a yell. "You don't know what it's like to not have anyone come and visit you, not your sister not your parents-" He backed me up against a wall, both of his hands either side of my head and I gulped looking up and meeting his eyes.

"C-Calum..." I stuttered and he leant forward slightly.

"You don't know how it feels." He breathed out in a whisper. His eyes held mine. I opened my mouth to speak but was cut off by lips brushing gently against mine.

I froze, eyes wide and I gulped. I could feel the heat rushing to my cheeks.

I couldn't deny, even if it was morally wrong, how much I enjoyed it and wanted more. Anyone else in the profession would have pushed him away and sent him to confinement for even attempting something like that. But I couldn't.

His eyes brushed over me and watched to see if I'd move. When I didn't he leant in again his lips against mine a little harder and his hands travelled down my sides and stayed firmly on my hips.

I closed my eyes and wrapped my arms slowly around his neck.

As the kiss became deeper and more hungry, our hands moved more frantically and I tugged on his hair gently. A soft moan left his lips as he picked me up and sat me on my desk. He stood between my legs and his hands landed on my hips again holding tight.

His lips danced across my neck until he focused on a spot around the collar of my shirt and he nipped as one of my hands trailed down from his hair and up his shirt.

What seemed like an eternity later there was a knock on the door.

"Doctor Keys?" It was Doctor Irwin. Calum sighed and pulled away from the kiss and smoothed out his shirt and his hair before flopping on the sofa, his lips slightly swollen and his eyes closed.

I cleared my throat and brushed out my own shirt as I stood up. I headed towards the door.

"You may want to put your hair down." Calum spoke lowly. "Unless you want to get caught."

I turned and saw him gesturing to his neck and I immediately pulled the hair tie out my hair and opened the door.

"Doctor Keys, ah." Doctor Irwin smiled. "How is everything going?"

"It's been fine, we've discussed a few things." I cleared my throats and Calum sniggered almost silently from the sofa.

"It's time for Calum to return to his room." He spoke. I heard shuffling behind me and felt two arms embrace me from behind and something against my back.

"You'll pay for causing this, you have my word." His voice was low. "Thank you for keeping me entertained whilst everyone else was doing things." That was loud enough so Doctor Irwin could hear him before he let me go and he followed Irwin down the hallway. I turned and shut the door and let out an exhale.

A hand brushed against my lips subconsciously, still feeling his lips there.

I dunk down against the door feeling my cheeks heat up, I couldn't stop a smile from breaking on to my lips.