Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

I saw Kayla sat at a table already, her red high waisted shorts fitting her frame with some black band tee tucked inside with a black jacket on top.

Her brown eyes had stared into her cup for quite a while, not realising that I had turned up. Her long hair contained in a plait on the side of her head, her shave freshly done.

I couldn't help but laugh as I saw her feet swinging without the threat of touching the floor, not even slightly.

"Kay!" I called out, smiling as I walked towards the table. Her eyes lifted from her drink in shock and the same smile covered her face as well.

"You're here!" I sat down nodding. "So what did you want?"

"Remember Calum Hood, the boy I was telling you about when I first started work?" I asked. She nodded bringing the cup to her lips. "We all believe that he isn't guilty- I need your help to prove that he's innocent."

"And how do I do that?"

"Get me into your labs- say it's to help me work. I don't need your help entirely, so you won't get into trouble."

"What's in it for me?"

I hesitated, the cafe seemed to feel a lot tense. Almost as if they were listening in.

"I- I don't know. I just really need your help..." I was almost begging at this point.

She sipped her drink a few times, pondering over the thought before she nodded.

"That's fine I'll help-"

"Where's your murder friend?" A man spoke. I lifted my gaze and saw the same group of men who had attacked Calum and I the time we came out. I froze in my spot, my blood running cold at the thought of that- at the thought of Calum. "Reply to us-" he went to grab my wrist but Kayla was in front of me with a flash and was giving him a glare.

Her small frame stood tall against the men and I couldn't do anything but watch as her lips parted and fight talk came out from between them.

Their eyes widened as her badge was revealed as she threw her hands everywhere as she completely flipped on them.

"Lets go-" he spoke lowly and he and his men left the cafe.

Kayla turned to me, red faced but smiling.

"I sensed your discomfort- I hope I didn't worsen the problem."

She went and sat back down on her seat, her legs swinging freely again.

I smiled shaking my head.

"Thank you."