Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen

I fist pumped when I got home, excitement and adrenaline running through me. I had done it, I had proved that he was innocent-

I saw two black cars pull up outside my house and people dressed in all black, with guns headed towards my front door. I quickly hid, making sure I could grab my bag with the file in and my phone before hiding along the shadows to get to the back door. I quickly sprinted and jumped over my back fence into the alleyway and ran.

I knocked on Michael's door, breathing heavily, a fire within my lungs.

"E-Elizabeth?" His eyes widened. "Come in." I walked through his door before doubling over and gasping for air.

"Sorry to intrude, I need somewhere to stay for the night." I looked up and met his eyes. He nodded.

"What's happened? Have you eaten?" He asked.

"I'll explain later, and I'll be fine." I smiled. He nodded and took my bag off me and carried it through to a different room. I followed him through to the room and he gestured to the couch and I sat down he sat beside me.

I closed my eyes taking deep breaths to slow my heart slightly.

"What happened?"

"I found evidence that proves Calum innocent." I spoke quietly. "People aren't happy with that- I got home and a few minutes later there were men with guns outside my door..."

I opened my eyes as his widened.

"They're out to hurt you?" He asked. I nodded.

"Which means someone who knows where I live isn't happy with my discovery." I spoke lowly.

--

I walked into work the next day, my hair tied tightly up high on my head. Ashton watched me and I smiled making my way to him.

"I did it." I spoke quietly.

"They're here for you and Calum, I tried to stop them-"

"Don't." I smirked and heard the police behind me.

"No, what are you doing? Don't take her, she's done nothing wrong!" I heard Calum.

"Neither have you. I'm not letting them take you Calum. I'll prove your innocence." I spoke and felt the cuffs against my wrists. "And then I'll sue you all for cuffing innocent people that offer no threat."

I was in the box beside the judge, my hands cuffed still.

"They've cuffed me on your orders, correct?" I looked towards the judge. He nodded. "Why have you ordered them to cuff someone innocent who poses no threat?"

"Un-cuff her." He ordered. I smiled and held my wrists out. I heard the cuffs drop and I reached into my bag and pulled out a file.

"The past week, I've been gathering evidence to prove Calum's innocence. As someone who was named one of the best in the country, I noticed his mentality wasn't the same as other murderers." I saw the actual murderer's eyes widen in the crowd and I smirked. "Doctor Irwin agreed with me. "In this file, it proves that Calum was framed, that he actually tried to protect the person from being murdered due to the scar on his collar bone."

"Is this true Calum?" The judge asked. He nodded.

"The blood on the knife has two peoples blood on. The victims and Calum's, his blood was difficult to detect. In here are screenshots in the CCTV that shows the murderer attacking Calum before rendering him unconscious and then murdering the victim. This goes towards proving he's innocent. The DNA from the crime scene shows three peoples DNA. Calum's blood, the victims blood and body, and Luke Hemming's hair and finger prints."

I met his wide eyes and smirked.