Chapter 21

March 29, 1 month, 3 weeks and 4 days till the wedding.

Olivia's P.O.V.

This place is GORGEOUS.

The entire shop is painted in gold, silver and cream, decorated with pearls and colorful jewels. I guess they really took the "Sun & Moon" theme to heart. Brightly colored dresses on racks fill the room. Me and Maddy are sitting on a pair of gold and silver armchairs, waiting for Bridget, Allie, and Emma to return from the dressing room.

Oh, and did I mention they offer complimentary cupcakes?

"Oh!" I turn around to see Emma

and Allie walk back into the room, Bridget right behind them.

Allie looks thrilled.

"I love it!" She's wearing a watercolor silk dress, white, with artsy blue and green streaks. The thick black sash defined her waist, and the cocktail length shows off her legs. It complements her blond hair and accentuates her blue eyes.

"It looks perfect on you Al." Maddy gushed.

"It is perfect. I'm getting it."

Well that was fast. If we keep going at this speed we'll be done in half an hour.

"How bout you guys?" I turn towards Bridget and Emma. Almost in unison, they shake their heads.

...well so much for that.

"I hate it." Emma states. "It's itchy and weird." Emma's dress is gold and covered in sequins. It's pretty, but it doesn't really look like her.

"I don't really like mine either." Bridget's wearing a bright pink dress that goes all the way to her feet.

Well I guess this is gonna take a little bit longer.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Bridget's P.O.V.

We've been here for almost 2 hours. Allies found her perfect dress, the watercolor silk mini, and Olivia's found hers too. She choose this great tight fitting turquoise dress cornered in sparkles. Tight from her strapless top to just above her knees. There it transforms into chiffon that wafts to her ankles. She looks fantastic in it.

And standing out in the center of the waiting room, it looks like Emma had found her dress too. Maddy picked it out. Gathered champagne tulle. Black lace corset. Ribbon trim. Her golden brown curls fall softly on her bare shoulders.

"Wow....." Her exclamation is so soft I barely hear it. A soft smile lights her face. "I never would've chosen it for myself.....but I love it. How did you know?"

"I don't know." Maddy's smiling too. None of us have ever seen this side of Emma. "It just seemed right for you."

"So who are you going to prom with?" Olivia asks slyly. "Maybe a curly haired British singer who have been madly texting on Facebook?"

Emma looks shocked." You looked at my profile?"

"You left it open on your computer."

"Oooh what's going on with you two?" Allie loves teasing Emma as much as Olivia does.

"Nothing! We're just friends." But she's smiling.

"So is he gonna take you to Prom?"

Emma chuckles. "Yeah like he's gonna leave his tour to come to prom with me. And we. Are. Just. Friends."

"Yeah," Allie chimes "Niall's not coming either."

"Well, you guys are gonna look fantastic, even without dates."

"Hey," I ask tentatively. "Maddy?"

"Yeah?"

"Will you help me find a dress?"

"Give me 5 minutes."

And true to her word, in five minutes, she's back, two dresses in hand.

"Try this one on." She hands me a bundle of coral and grey fabric. "I'm saving this one." she gestures to the blue dress in her hand ,"I think you'll like it just a bit better."

I change into the first dress. It consists of a wraparound pale grey skirt and a strapless coral top. I love the clean, simple lines of the dress. But it doesn't seem.......special enough for prom.

As I walk out Emma whistles. "You look hot girl!"

"You think? I don't like it."

"You don't?!"

"I mean, yeah I do, but this is Prom. Not just any party."

I'm hit in the face by a flying bundle of blue cloth.

"Try that one." Maddy grins. "And we're gonna be done."

I slip back into the dressing room. Maddy was right, the dress is perfect. It's a royal blue silk mini, covered in a graphic print in black, orange, and pink triangles. I love the thick black belt. And checking the label, it's from the same line as Allie's.

Maddy was right. This is the one.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Maddy's P.O.V.

Everyone has found a dress. Except me.

The girl who can find perfect outfits for all of her friends can't even her own prom dress. Irony.

Whatever. I might as well just leave. I really want a ballgown and there is only like, 3 long dresses in this store.

Most exclusive dress shop my ass.

"Hey!" Out of nowhere, Bridget appears and yanks me back into the dressing rooms.

"Here." She shoves a blue dress my hands. "I'm not taking no for an answer."

I'm dubious. But to please Bridget I pull the gown over my head.

Stupidly, I choose the only dressing room without a mirror, so I have to leave to see how the dress looks.

All the girls have left to pay for their dresses, leaving me to marvel at my reflection.

It's a dream come true. Navy silk drops from my waist straight to he floor in an elegant a-line. Black tulle overlays it, with tiny clear, white, silver, and gold sequins and rhinestones sewn into the fabric. The halter top drops into a ruched sweetheart necklace.

"I wish they had this dress in a ballgown style." I murmur.

As if by magic, an assistant appears bedside me.

"We can do that miss."

As she pins the dress, she says, "This dress was designed by a high school student, based on Van Gogh's 'Starry Night'."

By the time she finishes, the girls have returned, and they seem as awestruck by the gown as I am. I spin a little, and they shriek with delight.

We are gonna be the belles of the ball at this dance.

And we don't need guys to do it.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Nothing against boyfriends, just saying that girls can be awesome without them :)

<3MaddyCupcakeStyles