Chapter 5

When we got home I slowly walked inside through the front door. My father was gripping my arm so that I didn't get away.

"I bet you're wondering how I found you." he said as he shut the front door.

"No not really. Can we just get this over with?" I said quietly. Trying not to anger him.

"You are so precious." he pushed my chin up to his face. "Now get your ass upstairs now." he growled at me. I was not looking forward to this night. But this was my norm. I was a fool to think that Niall could be my night in shining armor. And I was a fool to think that someone so beautiful could love me.

~NIALL'S POV~

I pulled up to my home. There were lights on in Emma's room, and a few other rooms. I assumed that she was wondering around again. When I walked inside, I noticed a bit of emptiness. But I immediately brushed it off.

"Emma! Come on! We have got reservations soon! I got you something else too!" I hid the red roses I bought behind me and waited for my love. yeah, so what? I loved her! But I don't think she is ready to hear me tell her.

I stood waiting by the door in my suit. I imagined her in that dress I caught a glimpse of in her shopping bags. I caught my mouth beginning to water.

Maybe she didn't hear me. I placed the roses in a hidden place behind a chair. I headed up to her room.

The dress was gone from her closet. So I assumed she went walking around. I couldn't find her anywhere.

She must have left me. I knew that this would all be too much for her. I knew that. I was just so pushy sometimes.

I traveled back to Emma's room. I looked around for a note or clues on where she went. I just wanted to say sorry to her. I was searching under the bed when I found the backpack she had with her when we met. Being the person I am, I looked through it.

I found some framed pictures of what looked like a young Emma and her mother. There was also a few items of jewelry. I almost started to tear up so I placed the items back in their places. As I continued to look around, I found her raggedy sweatshirt. It still smelled like her. I took it with me to my room.

As I was laying in my bed, trying to understand what happened, it dawned on me.

Something bad has happened to her. She loved her mother more than anything, so why would she leave without her stuff? Something was up. And I vowed not to rest until I found her. I would not let her slip from my fingers again.

I shot out of my bed and slipped into my jeans and an her sweatshirt. It was just my motivation. And it fit surprisingly well.

I headed out the door. Taking a quick glance at the roses that had fallen to the floor. I didn't even care anymore. I just wanted to save her.