Chapter 30

~Emma's POV~

I woke up once more to the sound of a door closing, but this time I didn't bother to check who it was. I just didn't care who it was. So, I just lied there on the ground in front of the couch. Zayn had left me with a few cuts and bruises. He left so suddenly, so I was left naked on the cold, hard wood floor.

"Emma?!" I heard that familiar irish accent and I felt somewhat safe. Niall ran over to me and examined the cuts and bruises on my face and arms. My stomach was in agony, it felt like one or more ribs were damaged. I have never felt pain like this. "What happened?!" I saw tears well up in his eyes.

"Zayn..." was all I could mutter out. I was in too much pain to have a full conversation with anyone.

"I'm taking you to the hospital." he said quickly putting my clothes back on me. I wince in pain everytime he touches me.

He picks me up and rushes me to the car. I am knocked around a bit as he sets me in the backseat. I'm not worried about myself. I'm worried about the baby.

All I can think of is Zayn slapping me when I made noise. He would punch me every once in a while and just laugh. When I think of the image of Zayn violating me, and I see him as my father.

"Why does this happen to me?" I struggle to say as Niall is driving as fast as possible. I just dont understand why people decide to do this. I've never done anything to them. It's not fair. I feel tears welling up again, but this time I let it all out. I am sobbing in the backseat of the car as Niall pulls into the ER parking lot.

We park abruptly and it causes me to wince in pain once again. Niall rushes out to get me and I notice something, he's been crying too. But he wipes his eyes, I assume he is just being strong enough for both of us.

When he picks me up, it hurts more than before. Niall mutters a "sorry" and he hurries into the hospital, carrying me bridal style.

"Uhm.. she is pregnant and there was an incindent. We need a doctor... now." Niall's voice is trembling as he talks to the nurse behind the desk.

"Yes of course, just a second. Please have a seat." another nurse comes up behind us with a wheelchair. Niall sets me in it as careful as he could, but it wasn't enough.

Niall presses the nurse behind the desk with endless questions. I just sat there, in pain. I didn't know what to do. I mean, what was I supposed to do? I've never been so scared in my life.

After about five minutes, I am called back to the doctor and Niall attempts to come with me, but is stopped by a few nurses.

"But..." was the last I could hear of him as I was pushed through doors and down hallways.

Hospitals do not bring good memories. I can't lose Niall again. I mean I was gone for a day and I was raped. I can't lose him again. I wouldn't be able to survive.

I am placed on a hospital bed and I am immediatley poked and prodded at.

"Okay m'am, what happened and what are you most concerned about?" the older man asked me kindly.

"I was raped and beaten, and I am worried about my baby." I state coldly.

The doctor's eyes get wide and he calls for more nurses and another doctor.

"Would you like to undergo regonal anesthesia? We have a great anestheiologist." the doctor asks once everyone is in the room, and they all know what they need to do. I was not paying attention when they were examining me, so I'm not exactly sure what their objective is.

"Uhh... what exactly do you need it for?" I ask like a complete idiot.

"Well, Miss..." he wants me to give a name.

"Horan." I say, not realizing what I am saying.

"Yes, well we have to go in and fix a rib that could potentially snap, therefore possibly hurting the baby." he says and I begin to worry even more.

"I'll take it." I say as the pain increases.

"Miss. Horan, don't you worry about a thing. Everything is going to work out perfectly."

I doubt him a bit, but decide to just trust him. Another man comes in and places a needle in my arm.

"Okay Miss. Horan, I am going to count to ten, and you are going to fall asleep." he says calmly looking into my eyes. "One... two... three... four... five... six... seven... eight... nine..." and everything went black for what seemed like the thousandth time in my life.