Chapter 6

Back to Emma's POV by the way

~THE MORNING AFTER~

I tried to block out the memories of the night before. But I can't seem to block out the memories anymore. Yes, I was raped. And beaten. After my father fell asleep, I went back into my own room. The window was still open. So I shut it. I lied in my bed staring at the ceiling. So what if I couldn't take my mind off Niall? I know that he would just clean out my room and move on. It was certain. After I couldn't bear the thought of losing my loved ones any longer, I carried myself to my dresser.

Inside that top drawer. I grabbed one of my many blades and plopped myself into the corner. I instantly started crying. But I brought the blade to my wrist. One slice, two. Two eventually led to ten. I tried not to yelp from the pain. But it was so calming. I felt so numb. This viciousness of my self harm would never stop. I cut for Niall. I cut for my mother. I cut to drown out my father. My blood runs down my arm without ceasing. I put my arm in front of my face. It was so beautiful. I lied my head back onto the wall and smiled up. I was smiling for my mother. She needs to believe that I was happy. Even if I didn't believe it myself.

~NIALL'S POV~

I had some research on Emma and some searching for where she lived at. Eventually, I found an address.

When I pulled up to house, I could tell it was hers. Not by looks, but by the feeling I had inside my gut.

I knocked lightly on the door. Hoping only Emma would hear. Nothing happened. I broke in through an open window in the back of the house. I lightly stepped upstairs. Looking around, I found Emma. She was sitting in the corner of her room covered in blood and bruises. She looked up at me and her eyes widened. I placed my index finger over my lips so she would be quiet. I helped her up and she told me that her father was out.

"Where?" I just wanted to make sure.

"At the bar. He shouldn't be back until late." she said trying to hide her arm, but it was no use.

I dragged her to the bathroom and turned on the shower. I slowly lifted her loose tee over her head. Tying not to touch her wrist.

She tried to hide her stomach.

"Stop. You are perfect. Don't hide from me. I won't hurt you. I promise." I breathed the words onto her neck trying to calm her.

"But I'm not. I never will be." she placed her hands into her face and sobbed. I hugged her tightly.

"Shhh... it is going to all be okay." I whispered, "now, we have to get you cleaned up." I tugged her sweatpants down and off her feet. I left her in her bra and panties because I knew she wasn't comfortable with that. I nudged her into the shower. Her image was so flawless it gave me Goosebumps.

I started to notice the deep shades of purples and blues around her body. She looked at me with extreme sorrow. Like she was sorry for them. She started to mumble something but I shushed her instantly with a kiss. Our mouths moved together in sync. I could feel the shower water drenching my clothes as we moved closer together. My fingers lightly traced her body and her Goosebumps intensified.

Emma started tugging at my shirt. I pulled away from her lips and helped her lift my shirt over my head. She gazed at my stomach. Yeah, I had a six pack and V-Lines. And I could tell Emma was impressed. We went back to kissing and she started to cry. I pulled away and looked into her eyes. I went to far.

"I'm sorry. I'll go. Go ahead and finish your shower and I'll meet you in your room." I rubbed my neck and walked away.

In Emma's room, I cleaned up her blood off of her carpet the best I could and sat on her bed. Still missing my tee.

When Emma came into her room, she was naked. Not like I was complaining, but it really caught me off guard. Her body wasn't perfect. But I didn't really like stick figures as a woman. She brushed past me and got dressed quickly in some jeans and another large sweatshirt. She silently packed a bag and we rushed out the door. Back to my house, where she belongs.

"I love you Emma. " I said as we neared t out destination, breaking the silence.

She looked at me with confusion. She had never loved anyone before. That makes her even more perfect. She looked back forward.

"I love you too Niall." she whispered so lightly I barely heard it.

I smiled and glanced over. She was smiling too.