Chapter 15

I was taken to an empty room in the hospital. They place I was to say my goodbyes to the man I loved. Finding out he wanted this to happen makes my heart shatter. I thought he cared. But I guess not.

I sat in a chair and waited. It was a good ten minutes before the perfect blonde walked through the door.

He sat across from me. I stared at his features, knowing this would be the last time I would see him.

"Listen, I love you, I do. And whatever they tell you I did. I didn't... What did they tell you?" he asks hurriedly.

"You want to send me away." I spat at him. "You told them that I am crazy."

"No. I didn't." he replied softly. "If you are doubting me, think about the night we met. I saved you. I love you. Why would I want to ruin what we have?"

I notice his features a bit more now. His eyes are tired and swollen. He had stayed up crying by the looks of it. But I didn't believe it.

"Times up." said a voice and security guards came in and grabbed my by my arms. I pulled Niall into a warm hug anyway.

We yelled "I love you" as I was dragged out of the room.

I was shoved into a car in the back of the hospital. I didn't want to go. What about the plants? And I never got to paint the basement. I feel terrible, but I sit in silence as I am driven to my nut house.

~FIVE MONTHS LATER~

I lied on the bed in my room. I was surrounded by my paintings of a blonde man. I wasn't sure who he was anymore. But I knew that I loved him. I had at least thirty different pictures of him. Every once in a while, I would have visions of the man and I doing things that a happy couple would do. But violent visions came to mind as well. Being taken, and blood. Lots of blood.

I stare at the man through my paintings. I gaze at him time and time again. I often ask the nurses if they know who he is. They tell me that he is a part of my past. But, they tell me that I am not supposed to know of him. They tell me things to make me feel good about myself I suppose.

There is a knock at my door.

"Come in." I coo. And a nurse comes in.

"You have a visitor." she says happily.

I nod at her and we go down to the office. My visitor is going to take me on a walk around the gardens.

When we arrive at the office, I notice a tall, dark haired man. I approach him kindly.

"I am sorry to ask. But I do not know who you are. My memories have been partially erased so that I stop hallucinating." I giggle.

"My name is Zayn. I am friends with a person you are quite close with." he answers. His face brings a vision of violence at what seems to be a large crowd. I push the thought to the back of my mind.

"Nurse Katie?" I suggest pointing towards the nurse who brought me here.

"No. Lets walk." he smiled.

He had a nice smile. Tall, tan, and quite handsome. He had some facial hair and some tattoos. Although he looked dangerous, I had a feeling inside of me that he would protect me.

Zayn lead me around the flowers and beautiful trees of our garden. He told me how he knew the blonde man inside of my head. He told me his name was Niall. The name made my heart hurt, but i did not understand why. Of course I doubted him. But Zayn had said something that made me the least bit  comfortable.

"Niall has told me to tell you that he loves you. And that he is going to get you out of here. And I know that you probably don't believe that Niall is real, or that I know him. But I need you to remember." Zayn hands me a photograph of me and Niall. We were quite dressed up. It looked like a wedding. Niall and I were holding hands in the side of the picture. I was quite relieved to know that I was not married.

The picture made my brain feel like it was going to explode. I pushed it away and turned to go back inside. I couldn't believe him. Zayn was just like the man Liam, and Harry. They came and told me someone was coming.

No one ever came.

No one ever saved me from my own self. I was drowning. My head constantly hurt. Whenever I told the nurses, I got more medication.

I hope Zayn is right.

Life is a fucking headache.