Preference 30

~Your Child Says Their First Word~

Ponyboy: Ponyboy invited you over for dinner. Darry and Soda couldn't wait to see Ocean again. They love your son so much, well they are his uncles. You helped set up the table as Pony put Ocean in his high chair. Ocean has been fussy all day and didn't want to comply with anything. You all sat at the table and you were trying to feed your son. Of course, he didn't want to. Sodapop was finding it humorous. Pony decided to feed Ocean instead.

"Come on little buddy, you have to eat your food"

Ocean started screaming at that point  and Pony was giving up.

"Just..one..bite..please Ocean"

Pony kept putting the spoon to Ocean's mouth and Ocean pushed the spoon away shouting,

"No!"

You and Pony looked at each other instantly.

"Did he just say no?" You asked

"I think he just did"

"Ocean, say it again!"

He just gave you a mean look.

"Pony, try feeding him again"

Pony did as you said and Ocean pushed the spoon away again.

"No!"

"My son said his first word!" Pony screamed

"I was hoping his first word would've been mama but no works too" you said.

"Psh Daddy would've been better" Pony said.

You just hit his arm and go back to eating.

Sodapop: You and Soda were sitting on the porch while your daughter was playing in the ground with her new puppy you guys decided to name Sammy. You were cuddled in Sodapop's arms and watching Sammy jump all over Harley. You notice Sammy going and trying to chew on Harley's doll.

"Sammy!"

"S-S-Sammy!"

You and Soda look at Harley and then each other.

"Yes Princess! Sammy...awww my baby said her first word" Soda said

"She's one smart girl repeating after her mama"

"She still would've copied me, you just stole my spotlight"

"We'll go with that Soda, we'll go with that"

He laughs and gives you a kiss.

Darry: Darry watched Winnie in the living room while you were doing some laundry. He put on her favorite tv show and sat on the ground with her and your new pig, Pickles. Pickles was laying on his side getting petted by Winnie. She poked Pickles' nose and laughed when he made a snorting noise.

"That's your piggy Winnie" Darry said

"P-P-P"

Darry sat up and called you from the room.

"Yes Darry?"

"I think Winnie is trying to say her first word"

You sit down on the ground next to Darry and you try to encourage Winnie to say her first word.