~10~ SOS

Dedicated to Rukky360
for always being the first to read/vote. I love you girl ♥♥

Save One Soul; save my soul
I wander about in great pain
Wondering when it will all end
Even death couldn't stop
the uneasiness that trapped
My fragile heart
Please free my soul from this contempt
Just save one soul
That's all it will take
to make me smile unend

"SOS"

Recap

"I'm Anna Perla," She said, trying to make small conversation. She looked at her expectantly when she realized she wasn't going to reply with her name like courtesy demanded. She turned her attention back to the road.

"I need your help," The girl blurted out.

Ana Perla snapped her head to her direction,"My help?"

"Yes, before anything else my name is Alicia Pepperman and I'm glad I met you on a day like this."

^^

Ana Perla sighed, strengthening her hold on the wheel. With optimal strength she lurched her Nissan almera to an abrupt halt. She narrowed her eyes to slits, willing herself to take deep breaths.

She knew she had a knack for getting into trouble, but she had previously thought moving to a new town would be what she needed to get away from her hellish life but apparently she had thought wrong.

She'd grown too familiar with trouble to know when it was actually staring her straight in the face. Her recent trouble taking the form of a green eyed blonde with a translucent porcelain skin.

Trying to keep her shrewd temper under control, she turned to the girl sitting next to her. There was something unsettling about her and Ana Perla didn't have to look twice to know what she exactly was.

"Is everything alright?" The girl asked, uncertainty barking in her voice.

Of course everything is not alright. I've been dealing with ghosts all my life and just when I thought I had left my awful past behind, I invite one into my car without carefully thinking. Why hadn't I listened to Mama; who used to constantly tell me not to talk to strangers when I was young. Now that I think about it she only had my interest at heart. Ana Perla wordlessly thought to herself. Instead of voicing out her thoughts she settled on, "Alicia right?" She asked, a twinge of anger in her voice.

"Yes. I know it was a bit rude on my part to ask for help when I just met you but I'm very desperate. I'll need all the help I can get," Alicia said quietly, a dead hollow glint in her emerald green eyes.

Ana Perla darkened her gaze, still tightening her grip on the wheel. She'd had her fair share of ghostly encounters, it would be a cold day in hell before she was ever going to help one; not after all the hurt and rejection totaled with the complete alienation she had gone through because of them. Like Oliver Twist, they never stopped asking for more.

The memory of Mary, an old ghost who had wanted her help struck her and she winced when she recollected how tormenting the experience was. She'd been just a decade old when she saw Mary, no one by then knew she was capable of seeing or hearing ghosts.

Mary had only wanted her to deliver some well wishes to her daughter, which she did excitedly, been the naive little girl she was. Before she realized she was helping a large number of ghosts thanks to the advertisement Mary had deemed wise to run for her.