~08~End

Although we've come to the end of the road

Still I can't let you go
It's unnatural, you belong to me, I belong to you
Come to the end of the road
Still I can't let you go
It's unnatural, you belong to me, I belong to you  

Boys II Men "End Of The Road"

"Hey, look at me," Mitchie commanded without a trace humor. "Why would you want to stop loving someone?"

"I don't know you tell me,"

"Zachary Dunst if you really think it is okay to stop loving someone just because they died then you are so not the person I thought you were." she pointed out logically.

"Yeah I know I'm pretty pathetic."

"I never said that," She said, moving closer to him. She contemplated placing a comforting hand around him but went along with it anyway. "You know it's okay to cry, right?"

"Men don't cry Mitch." Zachary said with a glint in his eyes.

"That's the understatement of the year." she laughed. "Just because I'm hot doesn't mean I haven't seen my fair share of men crying their guts out."

"Never knew you were so full of yourself," He laughed along with her, easing the sadness which had previously overwhelmed him.

"I'm not full of myself, I'm only stating the obvious." She smiled slyly, brushing her hand through her brown hair.

Zach stood up and reached his hand out to her, "Come on, it's late," Mitchie looked at his hand thoughtfully. One would have thought he had just asked her to marry him.

"I can get up on my own," she said as she stood up. "Thanks a lot for today Zach,"

"You are supposed to say that when I drop you off at your house. Jeez won't you ever learn." He joked. Mitchie swatted his arm and started her way down the direction he had previously led her through.

"Hey wait up!" He shouted after her. 

^^^

The ride to Mitchie's house was ephemeral and peaceful . A thorough but comfortable silence filled the car and she remained reticent, not wanting to break the easeful calm. "That's my house." She said as her house came into view.

Zach pulled the car to a stop, drumming his fingers on the wheel. "So?"

"So?" Mitchie rolled her tongue.

He smirked, "So will I see you tomorrow?"

"On a Saturday? Wait- are you asking me out on a date?"

"Would you like it to be a date?" Zach asked, trying to look serious.

"Oh God!" She mumbled a 'thank you for the ride' and instantaneously run out of the car, failing to hide the pale blush which refused to leave her plum cheeks.

She casually opened the door, not completely surprised by the stunned silence that met her. As usual her parents were not yet home. She strutted to the window when she heard Zach's car pull out of the curb. Her heart hammered loudly in her chest. What the hell did that mean? She shrugged, emptying her mind of all thoughts. The only thing that mattered now was, filling her empty stomach which kept murmuring in languages she didn't understand. She quickly run to the kitchen like her butt was set on fire. The first thing she noticed was a note lying on the floor. She picked it up and stumbled backwards. With shivering hands she read the words which were legibly written in red prints.