~28~ Unveiled

"Peculiar I say, how so often the smallest, most seemingly insignificant details later unveil their faces as vital means for progression."―Criss Jami

Detective Casley was perplexed, he wasn't even sure that was the right word to explain his current mood. All his life, he had done crazy things, lived through crazy things, heard crazy things-this was the craziest of them all. He looked at the empty chair across his large desk and replayed what had happened several hours ago in his head. "I'm Alicia Pepperman," the daunting brunette had said.

He'd previously dealt with many homicide cases but this was the first time he ever heard of a dead person coming back to life, and even though he was surprised, he didn't show it. Instead, he waited till the girl left his office before he started pacing around like a lost cub in search of its mama. Now, he had another suspect on his list, Zachary Dunst. Whoever he was, the girl seemed to have been very certain he was the one who killed her.

He grasped his coffee, and began sipping. It wasn't surprising that after what he had just heard, he still had the appetite to continue from where he left off, he needed some caffeine in his system. His eyes scanned across the files on his desk to his phone, he reached for it. "Cole I need you to help me issue a warrant for arrest, it's about time we brought Jimford Pepperman in." he said, he half expected Cole to lash him out about how unprofessional he was being, but Cole just replied with an okay and ended the call.

Detective Casely critically stared at his phone as the call ended, he was finally making a step in Alicia Pepperman's case and he didn't know how to feel about that, but he was definitely not happy. Although he had doubts about who killed Alicia Pepperman, he was still going to do all he could to trace the killer, even if it meant arresting all potential suspects. He grabbed his raven black tailored suit from the glossy hanger stand.

Taking his eyes from the rotating ceiling fan, he looked through his window and pursed his lips at the starless dark covering Woodwave was enveloped in. He checked the time on his wall clock, and smiled. It was the perfect time to put everything into action.

He ventured out of the first floor into the archway. Cole was already there, "Are you ready to go catch some big fish?" he asked, looking serious.

"I hope you know what you are doing Cas." Cole said. With that, they traipsed to the battered truck in the parking lot and drove southward, towards Jim Pepperman's hideout, planning to take Zach in for questioning after.

By way of Bob Marley's everything's gonna be alright and a few tune mumblings, they arrived at their destination. They both knew everything was far from alright, as they got closer to the sprawling ramshackle bungalow. They parked in the driveway beside the house, under an enormous oak tree. Detective Casley trained his eyes ahead where an SUV was already parked. Nodding at Cole, he stepped into the breathless night. He neared the sleek SUV and knocked on the tinted windows, he had a feeling someone was in there. His instincts were proven right when the windows rolled down, revealing a drunk Jimford Pepperman.

Detective Casely smiled broadly, Jimford Pepperman just made everything too easy, "Mucho gusto mi amiga, you are under arrest for your criminal dealings with The slayer-" Detective Casley paused for his reaction. He didn't need to tell Jimford who 'The slayer' was. He perceived Jimford knew what he was talking about.

"Who the hell are you and what the hell are you talking about!" Jimford said drunkenly, hurrying out of the SUV. Detective Casley wrinkled his nose at the stale scent of alcohol that rushed through his nostrils. "Everything you say, will and can be used against you at the court of law," he continued, huddling Jimford towards his truck, where Cole was riding shotgun. Cole's eyes glinted in amusement and Detective Casley smirked, they were both thinking the same thing, even Ana Perla's arrest hadn't been this easy.