8: His Anger

8: His anger

Faye stood up quickly, pushing the persistent stray strand of curl away from her face and looking anyway but him.

"What is it?" he snarled, marching inside, "Did I not make myself clear? Am I that mysterious, that anything I say is a fucking mystery?"

Faye flinched and stepped back, which caused her to drop back on the couch.

"What do you want from me?" Cain full on yelled at her, feeling suffocated by her presence.

He didn't need her in his life. He wanted her out and far away. She'd be safer.

"I just..." Faye started, her voice so small and week it made his gut tighten.

Suddenly, her expression changed. She cleared her throat and stood up again, facing him.

"I just don't think that we should stop just because you had an anger fit. That's all." She folded her arms in front of her. "If you want, we could pick up where we left tomorrow." She pushed the strand away from her face again.

"No." Cain bit between his teeth. "No tomorrow. No after tomorrow." He ran both hands through his hair, wanting to rip it out, "Never, Faye. This stupid arrangement was never going to happen."

"It already happened." Faye shrugged, baffling him with how calm she was when he resembled a monster in front of her. "We started. You are smart. There's only two days left for that test." Faye sighed, "I just think you are giving up way too quickly."

Cain's eyes widened, his eyebrows shot up. He was speechless. Here he was, raging like a volcano and she was innocently trying to talk some sense into him.

"Get. Out." He said slowly, because he didn't know what else to say. This girl was obviously not in her right mind to be in the same room with a crazy angry guy like him.

"No." she said, "Not until you agree we study tomorrow."

Cain's nostril flared, and all he wanted was to grab her and shake some sense into her.

"Fine." He huffed, "I'll leave."

"Shit. Wait!" Faye called after him as he walked quickly to the door; once he was outside, air hitting his face, she was right behind him. "You cannot leave now!"

Cain scoffed, shaking his head incredulously. She was driving him mad. Even more than he already was.

Suddenly she ran beside him and stepped into his garage before him. When he walked inside, he almost laughed. Again, almost.

"What are you doing?" he couldn't help sounding a little gruff when he saw her setting on top of his bike.

"I'm not letting you leave." Faye fidgeted on top of the bike, obviously trying to gain some balance. She wasn't comfortable with being on a bike, he noticed.

Suddenly, a sadistic thought made him smirk, step back and walk back to his cottage. When he came back to the garage, Faye was just out of the bike when she saw him.

"Oh no." she shook her head; obviously thinking she won the argument when he walked back inside. She started climbing the bike again.

Oh, Cain couldn't help the small smirk that tugged on one side of his mouth as he watched her; she had no idea what he was about to do.

Faye yelped when Cain slammed a helmet on top of her head before climbing behind her on his bike.

"What do you think you're doing?" she yelled over her shoulder, her voice resounding around her in the ridiculous helmet Cain placed on her.