22: Old Soul Appears

Hi people. I am very late, I am aware, but please bare with me. summer for me is FAMILY! and my family is insane, and by that I mean super crowded and time consuming... and by that I mean literally flipping on you if they see you clicking madly on your laptop and "ignoring" their existence... and by that I mean: MELODRAMATIC!

Oh, boy, I am not even exaggerating!

Anyway, this is a quick written chapter, so don't count the typos XD. but I SWEAR it's super exciting!

so BE EXCITED!

ok, I'm done.... go on, read on!

**********************

22: Old Soul Appears

"I think I overestimated your intelligence, little mouse." Stan chuckled quietly behind the ridiculous newspaper he was using as a coy.

"Shut up." Faye muttered, wringing the side of the paper she was 'pretending' she was reading.

"No, I am serious. This guy must be a real good fuck if he could delude you into thinking that nothing is wrong with him."

"I told you," Faye gritted between her teeth, "I am only tutoring him."

"Ahha." Stan chuckled again, "I bet he's enjoying it."

Faye wanted so badly to choke the guy setting at the next of the bench she was currently on. The park was quiet this early in the morning, she knew that. It was why she came here in the first place, to get peace, until Stan decided to join in.

"You know what?" She turned to him, not caring to be seen talking to him, "I don't care if you don't believe me. You'll get your money either way."

"Actually, I do believe you." Stan eyed her over his sunglasses, "Even if he's a good actor, He wouldn't be able to act his way out of his bruises."

Faye frowned, a lump forming in her throat, "his... bruises?"

"Yeah," Stan flipped a page, turning away from her, "this guy's a beast. I enjoyed his work."

"Spit it out, Stan!" Faye said quickly without thinking, earning a raised eyebrow from Stan.

"I told you to stay away from him." He said in a whole different tone, "You decided to ignore my very thoughtful advice."

"Why would he have bruises?" Faye curiosity overpowered the ache in her chest. At Cain's secrecy? At his turmoil? She didn't know.

Stan was quiet for a while before he shrugged, "It's not relevant. You working for him benefit us as long it is as you say." He gave her a warning side-glance, "and as long as you keep your nose where it belong."

"I don't' get it," Faye muttered, "Why warn me not fish for information when you are the one who gave me the hints?"

Stan thought for a moment then shrugged again, "It's entertaining."

Faye stood up quickly. She was afraid her temper would get the best of her and she'd do something stupid.

And she, of all people, knew that messing with Stan is like playing with fire.

"Don't ask for things you can't handle, little mouse." Stan said quietly, his eyes on the paper, "And if the situation with Van gets complicated and you start to know things, you better watch out. I don't want nothing with his people."

Faye said nothing then without a backward glance, left the park, her peace shattered into million pieces.

She wasn't sure what she was supposed to do next, but her legs led her to the closest bus-stop. She paid her breakfast money for a ticket to her destination.