2: The Advice

Faye did need to leave early. That why she was in front of her car when it was only half time through her exam. She did solve every single question of course, but she had to leave once they were allowed to. Her job at Mrs. Peppers Baking House would start in twenty minutes. She just hoped her car wouldn't break half way through.

As she fiddled with her keys, a dark figure passed by her in a blur, and Faye almost tripped.

"You!" she called after Cain. She didn't know why she did it. Curiosity, perhaps?

"You're... Eh... Done with your test?" it turned out that he parked his bike two cars away from her car. He grabbed his helmet and glanced her way for a second before he removed his glasses and started pulling the helmet over his head.

Faye felt awkward standing there as if she was speaking to herself.

"er... well, I hope you did ok." she finished lamely, turning to her car.

"Callum asked you to ask me, huh? What a coward." she heard his muffled voice through the helmet and turned quickly, answering him calmly, "He didn't. He is actually still inside." she gave him small smile as she tipped her head sideway, "you do know it's not allowed for commoners like us to talk during exams, don't you?" she was aiming to get a chuckle out of this cold stone, at least a smile.

But she wouldn't know, his helmet was shaded with a dark color.

He was staring at her. At least that what she thought because his head was still turned at her. Suddenly he shook his head and climbed over his bike.

"Go home, sweetheart." he said all of a sudden before his bike roared.

"Can't." Faye waved nonchalantly, "got a shift to cover. I am already too late. You could've at least told me how you did so I could get some news out of this delay." she was joking, of course.

"I fucked up." Cain said. She did not expect him to speak. "There's your news."

"Oh." Faye's face fell. She couldn't see his face but she thought he might be feeling bad. "It's ok. Uh. You could still fix it, you know."

"Doesn't really matter." He said, his bike roaring once again and Faye realized she was in his path.

"No! Wait! Listen. You could bring a certificate that says you were, you know, sick today or something, and apply it as an excuse for your.. uh.. Performance in this test. You'll get a week from now until the make up test. Enough time to study the whole subject."

"Thanks for the advice." Cain spat, "now move."

"Why are you so stubborn?" Faye folded her arms in front of her, "I am giving you a solution here. A real solution."

"And I said," Cain stood up, still straddling his bike and scowled down at her, "thank. You."

Faye gulped at his towering height. She was tall, but he was a menacing giant in front of her.

I've been with more dangerous people. I've been with Stan, for crying at loud! She scolded herself when she felt her heart doing a bad flip.

Not knowing if he really was scowling at her, she scowled back anyway, narrowing her eyes to slits.

"What is it, sugar?" Cain suddenly climbed off his bike completely and removed his helmet. His Biker jacket was tight against his broad chest as he approached her, stopping only inches away from her.

She felt her back hit the car behind her and stiffened. She didn't even realize she took a step back. Her heart was already out of control.

"Would you like to tutor me?" his lips tipped to the side in a menacing -yet absolutely sexy- grin.