You Need to Eat - 3

I walked into the cafeteria to waving arms from Andrew and River. I smiled as I walked towards them, the nagging feeling in the back of my brain pretty much assaulting me with every step I take.

Your mom will find out.

He doesn't really want to talk to you.

He is Paige's.

The last one almost made me want stop and leave, but the way his face lit up stopped me. I smiled again as I stood in front of their table, chuckling as River pushed Andrew over so much he fell out of the table and on the hard linoleum. I shook my head as I sat down, grinning while Andrew grumbled and sat across from us.

I kept my distance from River, his hand kept on inching closer and closer before backing up and restarting again. I watched as they all devoured their food, at least three burgers on each plate, plus fries and a bunch of assortment of treats.

God I forget how much wolves eat.

"Aren't you going to go get something?" James asked as he took another bite of his burger, smiling sheepishly when the mayo squirted out and plopped itself on Andrews phone.

"I'm not hungry, thank you for asking though." River frowned mid bite, his eyes trailing up and down my body.

"You should really go eat, you look way too skinny." I mentally scoffed, opting for shaking my head instead.

I reached over and took one of his fries, popping it in my mouth as I smirked at River. "Why? Then I wouldn't be able to steal your food?"

He rolled his eyes as he continued to eat, pushing the boat of fries towards me. I took one more fry before pushing it back to him despite his continuous protests. They all joked together the entire lunch period, making me realize two things.

1) these idiots really were the alpha, beta, and Delta to this pack.

2) River was the only one that had found his mate so far, or at least I think.

I looked at Andrew and James and wondered what their mates would look like. I smiled at the thought of being their mates friend, of having friends. I looked up to find Rivers curious eyes locked on me, his hand outstretched towards my cheek.

"Alp-, River." A pack warrior ran up, out of breathe and covered in sweat. River looked disappointed at being interrupted, but looked at him nonetheless.

"Yes Brandon?" I watched their eyes glaze over before River went rigid, meaning one thing and one thing only.

Rogues.

I watched as River said something to James as they both got up, leaving Andrew with me as almost half of the pack table got up behind their Alpha. My eyes followed them out the cafeteria before turning to Andrew, who was smiling sheepishly.

"Where'd they go?" He shrugged in reply, leaving me with no other choice but to escape.

I knew River probably left Andrew here to protect me, but I always fought against the Rogues, even if Rivers pack didn't know it. I'd either fight in wolf form and leave before the final battle was over, or I would use what magic I could control and fight them that way.

I heard the thunder clap above me, meaning I had to get home. Storms make my magic go haywire, as the weather usually effects my mood. Too much sun makes me cranky, the rain and wind are my blessing. I knew which I needed to do, if I shifted in this I'd do something insane. In order to go home, I needed to get rid of my personal body guard.

"Andrew, I'm about to leave to go home okay?"

"No! I mean, I really think you should stay here Alaska." I cocked an eyebrow at him, standing up on my own two feet.