It wasn't supposed to be this way - 14

A/N: I don't really like how this came out, so I'm sorry for how shitty this chapter is! This isn't even the climax yet, so get ready.

***

I woke up to an empty bed the next morning and a throbbing neck. I growled, pushing my wolf down deep inside of me. I was angry, pissed that he had taken away my free will to be marked, while my wolf was practically crying out of happiness.

'You know you're happy he marked us too!'

'What about mom Alicia? He'll start to feel our pain, and my mother will fucking kill us!'

She huffed before settling back down, her tail swishing around. I hadn't gone on a run in a while, and my bones were practically aching with how pent up I felt.

I climbed out of bed and fiddled with the hem of his shirt, before quietly opening the door. I heard the sound of a skillet and light talking, my eyes shutting as rage filled me. I walked quietly into the kitchen to find Andrew cooking while James and Philip spoke with him, River looking guilty as he sat at the corner of the table.

"You fucking bit me!" His head whipped up along with everyone else's. Thunder cracked above me as realization hit Andrew, his eyes widening.

"Alaska, you need to calm down." He spoke cautiously, inching closer to me. I knew if I didn't calm down soon, my eyes would start glowing, and that would be the end to me.

I looked back to River who slowly stood up, making his way closer. "Please sit down, let me explain everything."

"Explain, now!" He took a deep breath, my teeth gritting as I tried to suppress the growl from deep within my chest.

"I'm a wolf, a werewolf. As in a shapeshifter, and you're my mate. I marked you as mine last night, that's why I bit you." I rolled my eyes, spinning around. "Wait! I'm telling you the truth!"

"You marked her?!" Andrew shouted from the stove, his eyes wide as he shook. I knew why he was reacting this way, afraid of my mother, of what she'd do to us.

River nodded slightly while still staring at me, both Philip and James mouth gaping open. "Without my fucking permission too."

I shut my eyes while rubbing them until I saw stars, tears streaming down my cheeks. "Tell him."

I looked up to Andrews hard face while shaking mine, even more tears coming. I was become such a cry baby, all it seems I could do was cry. "Tell him Alaska!"

"No! I can't!" My voice cracked at the end, Rivers gaze boring holes into me.

"Tell me what?" He growled at both of us, my body shrinking in on itself involuntarily. The anger behind his eyes reminded me of my mother, and that's honestly what scared me the most.

"Nothing!" I grunted back, my fingernails clawing at my wrists through my shirt.

I squeezed my eyes shut as Andrew began slamming against the constant wall I kept up, my hands coming up to clutch my temples. I screamed in agony as he kept slamming against the wall, my own wolf betraying me and slamming back on the wall on her side.

"No no no!"

I screamed when Andrew hit the wall one last time and my memories came pouring out, filling the vision of everyone in he room with me. Every hit, threat, tear, everything came pouring out and filled the minds of those around me.

I saw the day I first found out River was my mate, the way my eyes lit up at his smile. The way he completely ignored me and kissed Paige, breaking my heart right there during Sophomore year of high school.