New York New York - 12

Holy cheese balls the penthouse was amazing.

It was practically its own apartment, but better. It had its own kitchen and living room, both huge and filled with expensive looking furniture. A balcony led out of the living room with a huge pool and jacuzzi, a awning covering it all with shade. There was three bedrooms, each with their own huge bathroom.

"I'll decide where I'm sleeping later tonight." In all honesty it depends on whether or not River pisses me off whether or not we're sleeping in the same bed.

We decided to go explore Central Park and Times Square a bit since the play wasn't until tomorrow, and I still needed to find a dress that was formal enough. Sure, I could have conjured one up myself, but I like the thrill of shopping.

We walked out of the hotel with my eyes wide and mouth gaping, River and Andrew trying to hide their laughter at my expression as James just gave me a soft smile. I grinned as I led the way, barreling through the crowds of people, my earlier fears completely forgotten.

The bright and big screens of Times Square began looming over me as huge shops stood around us, my body circling as I took everything in. I watched street dancers and singers, dropping the random dollar in. I knew I didn't have much, but I doubt they did either.

"Okay princess, lets go get you something fancy shmancy for tomorrow night." I grinned and let them to a few outlet stores, not even bothering to react to his stupid nickname.

We would walk into a store and as soon as I saw the price tags on anything, I'd refuse. It wasn't until at least twenty stores later we stumbled upon a small hole in the wall, filled with antique dresses, soft to the touch. A elderly woman with greeting pale blonde hair sat behind a counter, sewing what looked like a skirt when we walked in and the bell chimed above us. She had a soft face, her face full with wrinkles that made her look incredibly wise.

"Hello sweeties! How can I help you all today?" I gave her a soft smile while River, Andrew, and James looked a little uncomfortable. I sniffed the air gently, smelling the witch burning off of her skin.

Wolves and Witches didn't have problems with one another, it was just my mother that had problems with them. Wolves were fond of Witches purely because they're usually stronger than most wolves. Witches tend to be unpredictable, and spend just as much time outdoors in nature as Wolves.

"Hi, I'm looking for a dress. We're going to be seeing Taming of the Shrew tomorrow night and I haven't found the right thing just yet." I smiled as she stood up, her old bones popping beneath her. I turned to the guys behind me, shaking my head at their obvious distaste. "You guys can go find something else to do, let it be a surprise."

Andrew raised his eyebrows, swapping glances with the boys beside him. "You sure?"

I nodded, shooing them with my hands as she walked around. I watched them hesitantly leave, Rivers eyes not leaving mine until he stood halfway through the door. "You need anything, just say my name. I'll hear you, okay?"

I smiled and nodded as the door shut behind him, turning to face the fellow witch. "Hi, I'm Alas-"

"Oh I know who you are sweetie. Do you mind me asking why you're with three wolves and not at the Coven meeting?" I grimaced at the mention, fiddling my fingers together.

"One of them is my mate, and they don't know what I am yet. My mother, my mother isn't a very nice person and didn't want me to go to the meetings, and doesn't know I'm with them. If it's possible, can this be our little secret?"

She grinned before waving her hands over the windows and doors, the sunlight officially being blocked out and the door sealing shut. "I don't mind, honestly I'm not a big fan of your mother either. I set the store on display mode, so I can give you my full attention. Now, what's your favorite color?"