Happy Endings - 23

The carpeted floor in the waiting room was a killer on my back, wolf healing or not. Although I guess being next to my mate is kinda a plus.

I grinned when I woke up and felt him. His heat was still moving slowly, telling me he was still sleeping. I cracked open my eyes to find him covering me with his body practically, his wolf going on the defensive. I pried my arms out from his rip and placed my palm against his cheek, my thumb swiping across his skin.

It was covered in stubble, and he looked absolutely exhausted. I moved my body a bit before I wiggled out of his grip, stretching my torso up. I hissed a bit when the stitched pulled, a dull pain radiated from my bones. Almost forgot about those injuries.

'Wake mate up! Wake him up wake him up!'

I rolled my eyes at Alicia, my eyes glittering with a mischievous plan. I love River, I truly do, but he was a bitch to wake up. I bent down and grabbed both of his hands and began dragging him out of the room, careful to try and not hit his body on any of the corners.

I swear to the Goddess River could sleep through an earthquake.

"Alaska?" I looked up to James and Andrew, who looked like he was having a really rough morning. I gave them a small smile before I started pulling River again, who began stirring slightly.

I finally made it to the elevator with Andrew and James walking slowly behind me, still watching me like they weren't sure what the hell I was doing. To be perfectly honest, I had no idea what I was doing. I just knew I missed all the cute shit where I played pranks on my mate.

This was my happy ending dammit and I want it to end the way I want.

When the elevator opened up again on the bottom floor, I began dragging him into the main lobby. I took one of the mattresses off of a gurney and entry rolled River on it, snuggling a bit closer to him when he stirred. When he finally settled back down and his heart rate slowed considerably, I began dragging the mattress to the lake out back.

"Idiot." I muttered as I pushed the mattress out into the water, grinning along with almost half of the pack.

"Do you want the honors?" I looked over to Andrew and James, Philip standing besides James along with a girl that looked so much like Alpha Jarred it unsettled me.

She caught me staring at her, her eyes widening. She took a step closer to Andrew, who gave her a sad smile. "Alaska, this is my mate Ellen."

I tried to give her a smile, but it came out strangled and forced, and she knew it. I shut my eyes as a flashback hit me, my chest hurting as I moved my hand around in circles right in the center. I instantly regretted this prank, but I made my eyes open and a toothy grin appear.

"River!" I screamed, causing him to jerk awake from his wolf and flop into the water. I grinned and stepped closer to the edge of the water as he came back up, his eyes scanning the shore. His face was set in a furious scowl until he met me, and his eyes lit up.

He swam until his feet hit the floor as he began running, right up until he stood directly before me. He grasped me and spun me around, his lips ever leaving mine as he kissed me. It was fireworks, sparks, my wolf howling in love and adoration at having been away from my mate for so long.

I've missed this, missed feeling safe and secure. I could feel my heart racing as his lips touched me over and over, his fingers playing along the edge of his mark. The bastard was teasing me and he damn well knew the pack was right before us so I couldn't do shit

"You're a bastard for that." I gritted out to him, smirking at his swollen lips and labored breathing.

"That's what you get for thrOWING ME IN THE FUCKING LAKE!" I grinned as I turned to James and Andrew, my eyes glancing over Ellen to Andrews side. It immediately made my heart drop to my stomach, but I just waved it off as much as possible before I slapped another smirk on.