Hospitals and Punctured Lungs - 22

He was beautiful, covered in blood and dirt.

His sandy hair, his blue eyes, even as he stared at me like I was a dream, he was beauty and danger and I was filth and the dirt beneath his fingernails.

But yet — he loves me.

I took a single step towards him, and that broke him of whatever trance he was in. In a flash I was in his arms, tears streaming down my face faster than I ever thought possible. I clutched onto him as if he was my life line, my heart beat, although he practically was.

"I'm here." I whispered as he clutched onto me with every fiber of his being, as if I would dare leave his side right now. He kissed every inch of my skin on my neck, inhaling my scent as deep as he could. I laughed a small chuckle as I gave him a grin, lifting his head to look at me.

Pain radiated from my stomach as I stared at him, the blood still falling from my cuts. I tried to pay no mind to my broken bones and aching skin, but every time he touched me it brought forth new waves of pain. I tried focusing on his face, imprinting the image into my head so I would never dare to forget.

He had a small cut along his cheek, but it just simply reminded me of the many wounds I had. "As much as I absolutely love and adore you, I'm slightly injured, and would really like to talk to a doctor right now."

He growled fiercely then, picking my up as a husband would to his new bride, and began sprinting to the pack doctor. I grit my teeth at the jostling of my wounds, but goodness gracious did they hurt like a bitch.

He finally found the pack doctor treating warriors and practically shoved me to him, earning a growl from me. "Treat her and worry of them later."

I growled at him again before moving to the side, swatting at River. "No, finish treating him and then treat someone else if they're in worse shape than me."

Idiot.

I could feel my powers and wolf within me, but they were sleeping, healing themselves before they could even think of healing me. I watched as the doctor hurriedly looked over the warrior he had just been looking at, the entire pack surrounding us as they waited for their Alphas commands.

He technically was the Alpha to this pack now, whether we would leave them to go Rogue or allow them to join our pack was completely up to him. I cast my glance to River as he looked at the remains of Alpha Dickwads pack, a sight for sore eyes.

Only close to 50 pack members remained, mostly woman and children. None of them looked all that choked up over the demolition of their pack, in fact, a few of them looked happy. I stood up and clutched my ribs, sending a glare to River when he came running to me.

"I'm fine," I wheezed out, turning slowly to stand before the fifty before me. "Rivers being River and taking his sweet time, so I'll go ahead and tell you. If you wish to come with our pack, you may. You'll have to prove your loyalty and let River tap through your mind at intervals of his choosing, or you may go Rogue. Now if you don't mind, my ribs are broken and I'm still bleeding from my stomach. Doctor?"

I looked back to a now paling pack doctor who sprung into action, pushing me onto a gurney and lifting up my shirt. River growled a ferocious growl when he saw my stomach littered with cuts and bruises, growling even more when the doctor pressed on my ribs and I hissed in pain.

"Let's put her in the car and get to the pack house so I can properly work, Alpha if you don't mind getting in the car with me." They quickly put me into the car when I noticed Philip and James running to the front of the car.

The car started and began forward as soon as our doors shut, my eyes wide with pain. I clenched my jaw as the jostling of the car sent even more paint through my abdomen, my eyes trained on Rivers pained expression the entire time.