Daddy Dearest - 16

I led River to his bedroom half asleep, his eyes barely open as he plopped down onto the bed. I smiled as I tugged off his shirt and pants before watching him nuzzle into the bed sheets. He inhaled them unconsciously, sending both my wolf and I swooning.

God he was beautiful. Sandy hair and blue eyes that drove me wild. He wasn't rippling with muscles, but was toned enough to be sleek and utterly beautiful. He had a single dimple in his right cheek that unless you saw him really laughing you wouldn't notice, big bushy eyebrows and thick hair on top of his head.

I forced myself away from him and trudged downstairs, dreading the impending doom I knew was about to meet me. I saw the back of his body before I saw his face, but when he turned it just reminded me just how much I looked like him.

We had the same eyes, that was so damn obvious I'm surprised he didn't put it together earlier. We had the same cheekbones and wavy messy hair, although I got the color and my nose from my mom. His lips were a bit thinner than mine, but I had gotten my straight teeth from him as well.

"Uh, hello. Alaska, is it?" I nodded curtly, eyeing him warily. He reached out to shake my hand but I just shuffled away from him, Andrew watching from the corner along with James and Philip.

Hurt flashed across his face before he quickly his it, sitting back down on the couch. I slowly walked to the other side and sat on the love seat across from him, my hands wringing together. I eyed the walls, untouched and barren and practically begging for me to paint them.

Mental reminder to get some paint brushes and paint later.

"Why're you here?" I spoke softly, my eyes not meeting his.

"Why didn't you tell me when you first met me?" I looked up to meet his stupid greens eyes that I loathed, and found myself wishing that I had brown eyes for what seems like the millionth time.

"You don't understand, growing up, my mother hated you. She hated you so much and hated me even more because I looked so much like you." My lips trembled slightly as I squeezed my eyes before taking a deep breathe and opening my eyes again.

"What'd you mean hated you?" My wolf whined inside my head, crying out for comfort from the one person that needed to sleep the most.

"My mother wasn't the kindest woman, every time she saw my eyes she would get angrier and angrier, and she, she took it out on me." His eyes widened, his body tensing before he stood up and began pacing right before me.

He finally stilled after what seems like five minutes and faced me, his faces a storm of emotions.

Guilt. Confusion. Anger. Sadness.

"Did she, did she abuse you?" I looked to Andrew, who nodded for me.

In seconds Everette wrapped his arms around me in a hug, causing my heart to pound and my breathing to quicken. I hated hugs from everyone except River, it seemed like their arms were constricting and were going to kill me.

I tried pushing him off of me but my attempts were futile, tears began pouring down my face. "Please get off of me." I whispered, but he kept his clutch on me.

"She said get off!" A roar interrupted the silence of the room, Everette being thrown off of me and into the wall. His smell enveloped me and instantly made me relax, my lungs filling up as I tried to calm down.

"Sh, I'm here now, it's okay." I practically melted in his arms, cursing myself again for being so weak.

"Alaska, I'm so sorry." I heard his words, but they were muffled by Rivers body around me.