Family Bullshit - 7

When I woke up that next morning, I expected River to feel a lot of things when he looked over to me laying in bed with him. Love, lust, adoration, hell even shocked would've been a good one. I never expected to open my eyes, and see such a prominent emotion cross his face.

Fear.

Why the hell was he scared?

Was my eyes glowing? They only do that on full moons.

Did I smell that bad? I knew I took multiple showers last night.

I propped myself up on my elbows, looking at his wide eyes and pale face. "Why are you scared?"

"Uh, we didn't, uh-"

"River, just spit it out." I huffed as I pulled myself to sit up fully, leaning against his dark headboard.

"Did we sleep together?"

I couldn't help it. A grin came to my face as I started laughing, a deep throaty laugh I hadn't had in such a long time. I shook my head as I wiped tears from the corners of my eye, watching him visibly relax.

"No, why?" I inched closer to hip, watching his eyes widen as my lips brushed the skin by his ear. "Don't you want to sleep with me?"

Playing with horny arrogant wolves is fun.

I pulled away from him gulping, his eyes wide and swirling as he fought against his wolf. I took my leave and made my way to his bathroom, grinning when I caught his now red face right as I shut the door.

"Idiot." I muttered, stripping and taking another shower.

After I finished I ran my finger down the length of my body, watching as dark jeans and a sweater pulled itself onto my body. I grinned as I touched my hair, the magic around me practically sparkling at the fact I hadn't done it in so long. I looked at myself in the mirror once more, ok I my head at my green eyes.

They looked alive.

I smiled at myself as I walked out, the room empty. I carefully made my way into the hallway, down the log stairs and into the kitchen. River stood at the oven with just sweatpants on cooking bacon, a very excited Andrew at the bar watching the bacon like it was his own prey. I smiled, sitting down quietly behind them both.

"Do you think Alaska will be down soon?" River spoke from the oven, the sound of the grease popping filling the silence between them.

"I don't really know, she had a rough night."

"I can't be that hard to take care of while drunk." River laughed as he piled the bacon up on the plate next to him.

"Didn't mean that, meant Alpha Jar-"

"Morning guys." I spoke from the chair and buckled when they both jumped, whirling around to face me. I cocked my head as my eyes flashed to Rivers bare torso, tearing them quickly to Andrews eyes.

I still wasn't over the fact they were my own green eyes.

"Alaska, when did you get down here?" I shrugged, moving so I sat next to Andrew.

"Just now, just a warning, I'm eating half of that bacon." River groaned while Andrew just checked over my skin, searching for any bruises or cuts. I gave him a pointed look before turning and grinning a big grin to River.

"Here." He placed the plate between Andrew and me, both of us diving for the crispy strips of pork sent from the gods. He chuckled at out antics, returning to the oven just as a set of very hungover wolves practically stumbled in through the kitchen door. I heard Rivers chest rumble, but continued in munching on my bacon as if I didn't.