Well, duh! - 15

I never believed the whole, 'you can hear things when you're in a coma' bullshit until now, when I was in what I assumed was a coma, and could very well hear something. It was pronounced, more like murmurs and fuzzy sounds, but the more I focused the more words I could make out.

"...all my fault." It was Andrews voice, it would sad and completely broken.

"No it isn't, we all know it's mine." Rivers just being a dumbass now.

"But I knew, I should've went against her wishes and told you." I heard a growl that sent shivers down my spine, pretty much giving away who it belonged too.

"You're right, you should've."

I didn't hear what they said after that, because a hard pressure began to explode on my chest. I could make out the sound of my heart monitor racing, as everything became faded and I could barely breathe.

"She's crashing! Get them out!" Someone shouted, and was met with two equally loud growls. That's when everything went black and the pressure on my chest increased tenfold.

***

My eyes finally opened on themselves, a dark room greeting me. I heard the heart monitor beeping besides me, something slung over my waist. I moved slightly as sparks erupted against my bare hip, my eyes following the arm to find River sleeping uncomfortably in a chair with his arm slung over me and his head resting against the mattress.

I smiled as I slowly slid out from his arm, bunching up a few of my blankets before placing it underneath his arm where I just was. I watched his inhale the scent from the sheets before groaning and curling back into them, sending my heart fluttering deep within my chest.

I quietly walked into the adjoining bathroom, my mouth still gaping at how beautiful of a shower it was. I turned it on, waiting for the water to heat up a bit before stripping and stepping in. I marveled at everything as Rivers scent practically enveloped me and sucked me in, my wolf rolling around in happiness in my head.

The cuts in my back and shoulder sting as the water hit me, my skin covered in little white scars and ugly purple and green bruises. I squeezed my eyes shut as I waited for the pain to pass, a loud crash coming from the bedroom making my eyes snap open.

"Alaska! Where the fuck are you?!"

Why he didn't just scent me out I don't really know.

"Showering, I'll be out soon!" I yelled out as I began to wash my hair, tugging my fingers through merciless knots. I finally got out and wrung my hair out before towel drying it as much as I could. I wrapped another around my body before opening the bedroom door and practically sprinting to the closet.

I grimaced as pain radiated through my body as I tugged on one of Rivers shirts and a pair of leggings, not bothering with a bra that would lay directly over my wound. I opened the door and looked at Rivers body that fell back asleep on the bed, my face smiling. He looked like he needed the sleep, bags very prominent under his eyes and stubble still on his face.

Not that I minded, it made him look so much more rugged and attractive.

I slipped out the door and made my way down the stairs, walking into the kitchen. Andrew stood at the oven cooking while James and Philip spoke at the table, their conversation ending as soon as I opened the door.

"I'm sorry." I muttered as I walked in, taking out a glass before filling it with water.

"You don't have anything to apologize for." I cast my gaze to James who had spoke, his eyes glassy as he looked at me. "It's all of us that should be apologizing."