1 Day: Goodbyes

Dick's Pov

An explosion rocked the building causing me to lose my balance on the railing I had perched on.

Captain Boomerang caught his boomerang, not failing to laugh like a maniac. Quickly, I shot my grappled gun to a pipe running along the ceiling, so I could land at least somewhat softly on the ground.

I rolled to a stop, barely dodging Bart as he rushed past me. Things had so far been very unsatisfying. The whole clan hadn't even shown up to put on a show. All we got was Mirror Master, Captain Boomerang, the Trickster, and Heat Wave. It wasn't much to handle, but it never felt great when you're used as clean-up crew.

"Nightwing, how long do we have to stick around with these losers? We have places to be," Gar ducked a blast of fire, turning into a gorilla.

I smirked and shook my head. "Until the cops get here, of course."

"That's a long ways away, kids," Mirror Master appeared behind me out of nowhere, and punched me in the gut.

I grunted in pain and tackled him to the ground. But before I could land a hit, he disappeared over my shoulder. My fist pounded into the floor.

"KF, now! Anything that has a reflection!" I shouted, nursing my wrist. I watched as Bart flashed around the building looking for anything that could possibly be an exit to pieces. It wouldn't keep him in there for long, but it would buy us some time.

An explosion rocked the building and Tim flew in from the other art exhibit. And I mean, he literally flew in with the Trickster giggling like no other. I couldn't stand having a certain laugh around Gotham, let alone this one.

I sprinted over to Tim and tried to distract Trickster while he recovered from the blast. I had lost my escrima sticks somewhere in a firefight, so I picked up Tim's staff, deflecting any toy Trickster could throw at us.

I began to edge forward, taking the offense, and backing him up in the exhibit he just came from. Just as I was about to dodge another explosive, Tim flipped over my head. As he came down in front of me, his fist connected with the Trickster's face.

He stood, rotating his arm as a way to ease the pain in what looked like his shoulder. I tossed him his staff and pointed up to the balcony overlooking the main lobby. Tim grappled away, while I focused on getting Garfield out of his... heated situation.

The kid dove out of the way of a heat blast, changing back to regular form in order to skid to a stop. "Beast Boy!"

Not having M'gann's wonderful mind link was always a con, but it worked sometimes as a distraction. I caught Heat Wave's attention and jumped kicked him in the stomach. He crashed into a set of cardboard signs, losing grip on his gun.

Gar morphed into an eagle and grabbed the gun before Heat Wave could register what was happening. I slowed my sprint as Gar flew away. "Looks like no more fire."

I heard a growl. "Doesn't stop a fight."

I didn't even have the time to brace myself before I was tackled to the ground. The air was knocked out of me as Heat Wave's gloved hand pounded on my face. But Bart couldn't have had better timing. I blinked and Heat Wave was stuck to a wall.

"Robin's still upstairs and I managed to finally catch Mirror Master by surprise," He rushed his words quickly and little out of breath.

"Good work," I said, taking out my grappling gun. "Stay here. We can't risk wasting any more time."

I left Gar and Bart downstairs to wait for the police while I followed the sounds of crashes. I could tell the explosion had injured Tim and he had the tolerance but, if it wasn't dislocated something was torn and that wasn't good.