T. RAEKEN [1]

[y/n] made her way into the library, hoping that she would be able to find any information that could help get Lydia out of the God forsaken place that is Eichen House

The library was quiet, making her think it was empty. She walked through the shelves lined with books looking for something that might be useful, but instead she found him. He simply stood there, slowly turning to look at her. His eyes meeting hers. 

[y/n] hadn't seen him in a while. She hadn't seen him since the night he killed Scott, her alpha, forcing Melissa to bring her only son back from the dead. 

"Theo." his name left her mouth in a whisper. "What the hell are you doing here?"

"I still need to graduate." he simply replied, shutting the book he held in his hand and placing it back on the shelf. She turned around indignantly, ready to walk away and not look back but he reached out and grabbed her arm pulling her close. She could feel his breath on her skin, and she hated the fact that being so close to him still sent a shiver down her spine. "We need to talk."

"We have absolutely nothing to talk about." she answered angrily, pulling away from him. "You betrayed us. All of us. You killed Scott, my alpha. My best friend. You're a monster. There's nothing left for me to say to you."

[y/n] begins to walk away from the boy, from the chimera, but stops when she hears him speak again. "Do they know? About us?"

She turns to face him. "No. And there's no reason for any of them to know. Besides, it was just one night. And it meant nothing."

Images from that night play back in both of their minds. They got caught up in the moment and gave in, spending the night in each others arms. 

She reminded herself that that was before. Before he turned on them. Before he killed Scott. Before he revealed why he was really in Beacon Hills. Before she realized Theo was incapable of caring for anyone but himself. 

And he reminded himself that she would always see him as that. A traitor. A monster. But he couldn't stop himself from walking towards her. [y/n] tensed as Theo made his way towards her, not knowing what to expect. He stands right in front of her, their faces only inches apart. "You see, you say it meant nothing but your heart is pounding. It beats faster the closer I am to you. And the chemosignals? Desire. That's what they tell me."

[y/n] smiles and moves closer to him, closing the gap between their bodies. "Your heart just started beating faster. And your chemosignals? They tell me the same thing." Since becoming Scott's beta, [y/n] quickly learned how to use her supernatural hearing to listen to people's heartbeats and how to pick up not just someone's scent but their chemosignals. She backs away from him and scoffs. "It meant nothing. Anything that happened between us meant nothing. You made damn sure of that Theo Raeken."

She walks out and doesn't look back. Theo takes a seat at one of the empty tables, feeling defeated. He certainly didn't love her, but he cared for her. Maybe a little more than he should. And he wondered if when the time came for Scott's pack to go up against him and the chimeras, if he would be capable of hurting her. 

And the answer was no.