M. HEWITT [1]

Mason Hewitt was your best friend

Mason Hewitt was your best friend. He introduced you to Liam Dunbar and the two of you fell in love. Or so you had thought. 

Liam had broken it off not too long ago. There was someone else. 

"Hey, [y/n]!" Mason said, drawing you out of your thoughts.

"Hey!" you greeted him with a smile. You closed your locker and tucked your hair behind your ear. Students were still in the hall, making their way around the school. The bell rang and you turned in the direction of your classroom. You had class with Mason.

"Wait!" he said, grabbing your elbow and turning you back towards him. "Let's go this way instead." he said.

"Why?" you asked curiously.

"Umm." he said trying to figure out what to say next. "Because, we don't usually go this way."

You crossed your arms and laughed lightly. "Come on, we'll be late-" you began to say as you turned around and when you did you saw Liam kissing her. 

You turned back to Mason. "Is that why you wanted to go the other way?" 

He nodded. "I'm sorry."

"Don't be. It's okay." you said taking a deep breath. "This isn't your fault. And I appreciate you trying to protect me. You're my best friend, and that's what best friends do. But you can't protect me from this. Just be there for me, okay?"

He nodded. "Okay." he said with a smile. He put his arm around your shoulder and you did the same to him. The two of you walking together to class. 

If Mason was by your side, you could get through anything.

-----------------------------------

Mason is such a precious little angel I love him so much :')