S. MCCALL & S. STILINSKI [2]

You sat inside Stiles' Jeep, tapping your fingers against the steering wheel

You sat inside Stiles' Jeep, tapping your fingers against the steering wheel. It was cold out and you hadn't brought your sweater so you used the Jeep to shield you from the chill of the night. You looked out and watched Scott and Stiles bicker as they always did. You thought they sounded like a married couple. Stiles stood by the hood of the Jeep and Scott sat on it. Scott laughed at something Stiles said and then turned his attention towards the sky as Stiles went on about whatever supernatural theory he had tonight. 

You decided to get out of the Jeep and join the fun. You shut the door, a little too hard for Stiles' liking. "Gently, please." he said.

"Sorry." you sincerely apologized. That boy really loved his car. 

Scott looked down at you from the hood of the Jeep and smiled. The smile that could light up any room. He reached his hand out to you and you took it. He easily pulled you up in one swift motion and he moved over to make room for you on the hood of the Jeep. 

"You're cold." he said with furrowed eyebrows as he ran his fingers down your arm.

"Yeah." you said and you wrapped your arms around yourself for warmth.

Scott quickly took off his jean jacket and placed it over your shoulders. 

"Thank you." you said with a smile. 

He leaned over a placed a kiss on your lips. "Of course." he said as he tucked a strand of hair behind your ear. He was the most thoughtful boy you had ever met and you felt extremely lucky to have him as your boyfriend. You leaned your head on his shoulder as you listened to Stiles and Scott have a conversation about what they were speaking about earlier. 

After a while, you looked down at your phone to check the time. The show would be starting soon. You turned to Stiles and reached over Scott to grab the paper in which he had written patterns and ideas about what could possibly be supernatural occurrences. "Okay, thats enough for tonight." you said. 

"Hey!" he said, trying to take the paper back from you but you moved it out from his reach. 

"Nope." you said with a smile as you folded the paper and put it away. "Enough of the supernatural tonight. The show's about to start. Let's just enjoy it." you said with a shrug of your shoulders, but Stiles still wasn't convinced. That boy had the mind of a detective and once he felt he was onto something there was nothing that could stop him. "If you promise to not bring it up for the rest of the night, then I'll listen to all your theories tomorrow and even go with you to look for whatever it is that you look for as proof." 

A big smile made it's way onto his face. "Deal." he said as he jumped up onto the hood. You were all squished together and you felt like you could slip off at any moment. Scott sensed it and wrapped his arm around your waist tightly, pulling you close. You placed a kiss on his lips, a way of thanking him and he smiled. 

"You have no idea what you just got yourself into, [y/n]. Scott said. "Good luck with that." he said referring to the promise you had made his best friend.

"I can hear you guys. I'm right here." Stiles said, mocking offense and the three of you laughed. 

Suddenly there were three loud bangs and the sky lit up. The three of you turned your attention to the sky and watched as the fireworks displayed different shapes and colors against the dark night sky. The firework show had finally started. 

The three of you watched intently, taking in the fireworks. It was the Fourth of July and this was a tradition you had started a few years ago. Coming up to this spot in the woods to watch the fireworks by yourselves, away from noisy crowds. It was a tradition you hoped to continue for a very long time with them. 

-------------------------

a/n: hey guys! Happy Fourth of July! :) (even though it is July 5th now haha.) I wanted to get this posted earlier but wasn't able to. But better late than never! lol. To all those who celebrated the Fourth, I hope you had an amazing day with your loved ones. see ya soon! xoxo