Kalanthony 8: Homecoming.

Note: They are all still 16!!

Kim put her headphones in and walked to class. Aedin yelled behind her to try and grab her attention. She walked on without giving a thought, letting the punk rock voices and beats fill her ears.

After class she walked out looking at her feet. “Kim!” Aedin calls after her. He stops in the middle of the fast moving hallway. “Kimberly Kristin Padilla!” He calls. Kim turns around to her full name. Aedin looks at her. Her eyes go wide as she walks back towards him. “What?” She asks. “I’ve been calling your name all day!” He says. “I’m sorry, I had my headphones in.” she says pointing at the headphones hanging out of her bag. “Oh, I’m sorry,” He hugs her. “What have you been trying to get me for?” She asks. “Oh, this.” He kisses her taking her for surprise. “Kim, will you go to homecoming with me?” He asks. She smiles. “Of course.” She smiles and kisses him again.

The night had arrived. She wore a dark purple short dress, her hair curled, and of course, black high top converse.  Aedin came to the door and Anthony answered. “She’ll be down in a minute.” He says. “Ok,” Aedin sat on the couch in his suit, this was the first time it was really awkward between him and Anthony. Kim walked down the stairs an Aedin was astonished by her beauty. “Shall we go?” She asks. “Ok,” Aedin smiles and takes her hand.

They arrived at the dance and sat. They talked and talked like it was the first time they had met. A slow song came on over the speakers and Aedin looked over at Kim. “May I have this dance?” He smiles. “Yes,” she stands up and he leads her to the dance floor. “Oh, so nostalgic,” She says. “We were doing this exact same thing years ago when you asked me out.” She smiles. “Yeah, except, we weren’t this close.” He pulls her closer and she smiles blushing. After all these years he still manages to make her cheeks turn a deep crimson. He looks down at her and brings his mouth closer kissing her. “Kimberly Kristen Padilla, I love you.” He says. “Not as much as I love you, Aedin Anthony Hecox.” She says smiling and pulling him into a kiss again.