Chapter 7: New Evil

Gon had woke up extra early, excited to meet Killua for training.

He waited outside the barracks since Killua's room was just down the hall so he was bound to come out eventually, and he did. Killua walked right past Gon, not even looking at him.

He had to hold back his tears, not wanting to ignore Gon just then, but knew it was the right thing to do.

The tan boy on the other hand was confused and concerned. Had he done something wrong? Did Killua not like him anymore for some reason? These thoughts just made him more depressed, his usual smile becoming a frown and his eyes darkening.

Everyone else noticed Killua's change back to his old persona, intimidating and distant. They avoided him again, leaving him to himself.

Gon, however; wanted to know what was wrong and planned to talk to him, but Kurapika stopped him on his walk to the training field. "Goodmorning Gon! I wanted you to join the meeting today, I feel as though it'd be useful for you and Killua to sit in."

Gon hid his current mood with a big smile. "Of course! Lead the way."

Once they reached the conference room, Gon immediately noticed Killua sitting in one of the chairs at the big table. He seemed to notice Gon's arrival and averted his eyes to the side. "There's an empty seat next to Killua, why don't you go sit with him." Kurapika said, pointing to the empty chair.

"....right." Gon quietly sat next to Killua, and was about to say something to him, when the meeting had started.

General Netero walked in, followed by his accomplices, and took his place at the front end of the table. "We have urgent news soldiers." He said as everyone finally quieted down. "It seems that Meteor city has been invaded by a new army, with soldiers that have been created from unknown means. We don't know much about their motives but the army is from the Azian Continent and consists of super soldiers that are called Chimera soldiers; they take the form of different mutated animals."

Everyone started talking amongst each other about the given information, meanwhile Gon and Killua awkwardly sat in silence.

General Netero continued, "These soldiers are exceptionally powerful so we will be sending some squads out to try to win back Meteor City." With that, Netero listed off the squads who were going to be fighting and then the meeting ended.

Finally Gon got the chance to talk to Killua, he turned his head but saw that Killua was already walking out of the room; he slumped in his
chair, feeling defeated.

Kurapika approached Gon and sat next to him. Everyone had exited the room by this point, leaving them two alone. "What's wrong Gon? You've been looking down today." Kurapika asked, rubbing Gon's shoulder.

"Today Killua's been avoiding me, he seems like he hates me or something and I don't know what I did wrong..." Gon put his face in his hands, while Kurapika rubbed his shoulder.

"Well Gon, I don't know what got into him all of a sudden, but he was always like that; then you came along." Gon looked up, astonished while Kurapika continued. "You changed him, he seemed so much happier at dinner last night. I know he had a rough life growing up, but he won't tell anyone about his past." Kurapika finished, leaving Gon more determined to figure out what was wrong with Killua.

"Thank you for the information Kurapika, I wouldn't have realized that stuff on my own." He got up to leave, but the blonde boy stopped him.

"Gon didn't you hear? We have to leave for Metero City in an hour, our team was chosen to go."
"...we have to fight now..?"
"I'm afraid so."
"...Okay..I'll get ready."