Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Jason

“Has she accepted the friend request yet?” Jason raced down the stair of their house in L.A. Colin and his parents were all sitting down at the dining room table the next morning for breakfast.

“Has who accepted who’s friend request?” Mallory asked.

“Umm,” Jason slowed down trying to think of a logical explanation, “I sent Taylor Swift a friend request and was just wondering if she accepted it yet.”

“Oh, nice. She’s a lovely girl, you know.” Chris Hunt said as he put a fork of omelet in his mouth.

“Yes, Dad,” Jason eyed Colin, “She’s very lovely.”

“So,” Chris swallowed his bite and turned his attention to Colin, “Has she?”

Colin looked at Jason intently as he said, “No.”

Jason’s heart sank. Maybe it hadn’t worked. She denied the friend request. He knew it. He was never going to find her and he was never going to be happy again.

Colin locked eyes with Jason and reassuringly added, “Not yet.”

Jason slowly walked back upstairs into his room. He crawled under his covers and went to sleep. He dreamed that he saw Katie in the street arm and arm with some handsome, muscular guy. She laughed and gave him a kiss on the cheek. At one point in the dream Katie looked at Jason right in the eyes. The looked seemed to say, “You couldn’t find me so you couldn’t have me.”

Jason woke up shaking. He had to find Katie. At least confirm that he loved her. If things didn’t work out they didn’t work out but he had to try. At least try.