Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Katie

            Later that same night, Katie sat at her laptop on Pinterest – an online cork board that lets you “pin” pictures that you like to your boards  – looking at Jason Hunt and The Huntsman’s Quest pictures. She was obsessed and she knew it but just the thought of Jason made her heart go pitter patter. She really thought that she truly loved Jason. But her friends were right, what were the chances that she and Jason were going to end up together.

            “Good night Jason. Sweet dreams. I love you.” She whispered to herself.

She turned off her laptop and her lamp and went to sleep.

            “Oh my gosh! Jason! Jill! I just want to tell you that I am your guys’ number one fan! I have complete faith in both of you in The Huntsman’s Quest!”    

            “Hey, thanks!” Jason smiled.

            “Yeah, thanks! I like your skirt.” Jill said with a smile.

            Oh my gosh! Jill complimented me! “Thank you!”

            “Where are you from?” Jason asked as he set down what he was working on.

“Here, actually. Well not originally but I live here now.”

            “Oh cool.” Jill smiled. She then returned back to what she was working on but Jason stood up from his chair and walked over to her.

            “So where are you originally from?” He seemed genuinely interested.

            “Santa Barbara, California.” Oh my gosh! He’s actually talking to me!

            “Very cool. I’m Jason.”

            “I’m Katie. I really do mean it when I say that you are going to do great in The Huntsman’s Quest.

            “Thanks. Have you read the books?”

            “Of course!”

            “How did you like them?”

            “I loved them! Favorite books ever!”

“Which one was your favorite?”

Katie thought for a moment then said, “I like the first and second one equally the same. The third one was a bit slow for me. There’s not enough Patrick in it.”

            Jason laughed and for the next two hours Jason and Katie talked and laughed. They just clicked. They connected.

            “Here,” Jason smiled and handed Katie a big, heavy atlas. “I want you to have this.”

            “An atlas?”

            Jason took it back and flipped it over. On the back was a painting of the two main characters in The Huntsman’s Quest, Patrick, who Jason played and Karina, who Jill played, kissing. Katie brought it closer to examine it and the picture moved. She looked up in surprise at Jason to see him smiling. She kept tilting it different ways and she saw that there were two different paintings. Both of them of Patrick and Karina kissing but they were different. Katie couldn't tell how but they were. She then looked in the corners of the painting. One corner was signed Jason Hunt and the other it was signed Patrick Miller.         

"This is so great. It's amazing. Thank you." They both stepped closer and hugged. Katie felt so secure and safe in Jason’s arms. She never wanted to move. Jason liked holding Katie. He felt like he could tell her anything and give his whole heart to her and he know it would be safe.

They pulled away and again, they started laughing and talking.

"Okay." Katie started a little while later, "as a fan I feel obligated to ask, can I have your autograph?"

Jason laughed and said, "Of course." as he reached for a piece of paper. He signed and gave the paper to Katie.

"Thank you." Katie smiled.

“Can I have yours?” Jason asked with a smile.

Katie laughed, “Even though I don’t have one, sure.” Katie smiled.

She never wanted this day to end.

Soon the producer of The Huntsman’s Quest came to tell Jason and Jill it was time to go.

"I am going to miss you so much." Jason said into Katie's hair as they hugged each other goodbye.

"I'm going to really miss you too."

Jason pulled away abruptly and said quickly, "Here," he grabbed a piece of paper and scrawled an area code and 7 numbers. "Call me." He smiled.

Katie looked at the 10 numbers on the piece of paper in her hand. "Thank you. This means so much.” She smiled and gave Jason one last hug.

Katie woke up that morning frantic. She had to find the drawing and the cell phone number. She couldn't just let something so important to her slip through her fingers. After a minute of looking she realized it was just a dream and that Jason Hunt still didn't know that she existed. For the next 10 minutes she racked her brain trying to remember the numbers. What if the numbers were Jason's actual numbers of his cell phone number? She was so stupid for not remembering. Her dream only proved how much she and Jason were meant to be.