Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Jason

“How many have we looked at?” Jason asked that same day. Jason and Colin were looking through the 377 Katie’s that liked his page on Facebook.

“44.”

Jason’s eyes got wide. “Only 44?”

“Yup.” Jason and Colin had to go through the Katie’s one by one. Clicking on the name and then looking at her picture.

“I’ve been creating a ‘Maybe’ list. Copying the link and pasting it in a Word document so we can go back and look. I copied the links that you looked skeptical about. Like you were thinking whether or not it was her but you weren’t sure.”

“No!” Jason slammed his hand hard on the counter. “There shouldn’t be a ‘Maybe’ list. I should know her. Right when I see her I should know that it’s her.”

“But it was just in some dream that you saw her. You can’t be sure.”

“I’ll be sure!” And then he added under his breath so Colin couldn’t hear him, “I have to be sure. I love her.”

“How many do we have to go?” Jason asked two hours later.

“Three.”

Three Katie’s. What if he didn’t find the Katie? What if she didn’t have a Facebook? What if she didn’t have a Twitter? Stop Jason thought to himself. Stop living in the Jungle of If’s.

“Click it.”

Colin clicked on the first Katie of the last three Katie’s.

Blonde. No. His Katie was a brunette.

Colin clicked on the second Katie.

This Katie was a boy when his Katie was most definitely a girl.

Colin clicked on the last Katie.

The page loaded.

Refreshed automatically.

Then pulled up the page.

That was her. The Katie. He found her.

His smile went from ear to ear.

“I take it that that’s her.” Colin smiled at Jason.

“Yeah.” He couldn’t believe it. “That’s her.”

Jason looked at Katie’s brown hair that went to her shoulders, her warm smile and beautiful blue eyes. Everything about her was beautiful.

He had to find her.