Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Katie

"We just really clicked. We were laughing and hugging and he gave me his cell phone number! And now it’s gone! It's all gone." Katie was telling Alison and Bethany her dream that same morning in their first block class.

“It was a dream.” Bethany stated as she sat down in her seat.

“I know but what if it comes true?” Katie wanted it to come true so badly. Katie started humming A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes.

“Do you really think that those were the actual numbers to Jason’s cellphone number?”

“I don’t know, but what if they were? We’ll never know because I can’t. Remember. The.Stupid.Numbers!” She stomped her feet as she walked to her chair.

“You’re taking this way too seriously, Katie.”

“If I hear you bring up Jason Hunt one more time I’m going to shoot you.” Alison rolled her eyes later that day in fourth block.

“Don’t shoot me before The Huntsman’s Quest comes out.”

“You know what, I’ll shoot you right when the lights dim and the title comes up.”

“No! You can’t shoot me before the waterfall scene. You can shoot me after that but not before.” Katie pleaded.

“Nope.” Alison smiled at herself and then said, “Actually, I’ll shoot you just as Jason’s face comes on the screen. You’ll see a glance of his face and then BOOM!” Alison smiled menacingly, “I’ll prepare my shotgun.”

Bethany, Madison, Krisi, and Alison all laughed. Katie loved Jason but he had no idea she existed. She thought.