Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Katie

“Katie, you are obsessed.” Katie’s friend, Alison, laughed.

It was March 21st.

“I know I am but I can’t help it. The movie is going to be so amazing because the books are so amazing and Jason... Oh Jason!” Katie crossed her arms on the table and put her head in the crook of her elbow. Her friends laughed at her. “And the worst part is, is that he has no idea I exist.”

“Of course he doesn’t.” Krisi said. “He’s Jason Hunt, a famous actor and you’re some teenage girl who lives in Garner, North Carolina. I bet he hasn’t even heard of Garner before.”

“That’s not true!” Katie sat up and pointed an accusing finger at Krisi. “Sam Martin won America Sings last year and he’s from Garner.”

“One singer, country singer might I add, came from Garner. Who even knows if Jason watches America Singsand even likes country music?” Bethany pointed out.

“Why are you guys always putting my dreams down?”

“We’re not putting your dreams down Katie, we’re just,” Alison hesitated and looked around their lunch table at her friends, “We just don’t want you to be upset when he goes off and gets married to some famous actress and he still doesn’t know you exist.”

“But what if somehow, someway he found out that I existed. I’m in love with him. He is so down to earth and easy going and sweet and kind and … Oh!” Katie put her head back on the table.

“He is pretty cute. And when he plays Patrick in The Huntsman’s Quest he is going to look so hot!” Madison piped in.

“You’re not helping, Madison.” Bethany shot Madison a look.

“I’m just saying.” Madison put her hands up in surrender.

“He has a square face! How do you two think that’s cute? Booboo Scott is so much cuter! ” Alison laughed.

“Eww, Booboo. And he does not have a square face.” Katie sat up and gave each of her friends a look of hatred before saying, “He has a very nice jaw line and amazing cheek bones!”

“’Very nice jaw line and amazing cheek bones!’” Krisi mimicked.

“You guys are so mean. If you can’t support me when I let you in on my love life then I just won’t let you in at all.” And with that, Katie got up from the table and threw away her trash.

Alison, Bethany, Madison, and Krisi [K1] just looked at each other and rolled their eyes.

“What are we going to do with her?” Bethany asked as she watched Katie walk out of the cafeteria to put her lunch box in her locker.

“She’ll figure it out sooner or later. It might be a while but she’ll realize that there is no chance on Earth that she and Jason could ever be together.”