Chapter 29

Chapter 29

Katie

At lunch everyone was sitting at a table outside eating when Katie’s phone started buzzing off the hook. She was getting text message after text message after text message.

“Umm, Jason,” She leaned in showing him her phone. She was up to seventeen messages in one minute. “I think we were on the news.”

“Why do you think that?” Mallory asked.

And at that moment, Jason’s iPhone wouldn’t stop dinging.

“Because our phones are blowing up.” Jason showed his parents his phone.

“Geez!” Colin shrieked, “It’s like you’re famous or something.”

Before anyone could take another bite of their burger, paparazzi were everywhere.

They were on tables, climbing over people, just trying to get a decent shot of Jason and Katie.

“Get to the car!” Chris yelled.

The seven of them made their way through the crowd to get to the car. Chris unlocked the doors and everyone piled in as fast as they could.

“Oh my gosh,” Katie breathed, “That was nothing like I thought it would be.”

“It’s pretty crazy, huh?” Jason smiled at her and they both reached for each other’s hands. They were sitting next to each other, hand and hand. The happy couple.

“You two…” Alison started.

“Have gone public!!” Bethany finished. Katie, Bethany, and Alison freaked out for a minute before Katie pulled herself back together.

“Now girls,” She started, trying to be as serious as she could be but everyone could see the smile she was trying so hard to hold back. “We are mature young ladies, this is no way to act.”

“You’re right. We are mature, young- Oh my gosh!!! Ahhhh!!!” Bethany flipped out again.

Everyone laughed.

They spent the rest of the car ride home talking casually about nothing in particular.

They got home and Bethany needed to take a shower and Alison was going to call her parents for a check in. Colin went into his bedroom and Jason’s parents went into the den.

Katie and Jason were left alone in the living room.

Jason flipped on the T.V. looking for anything decent to watch.

“What show?” Jason asked Katie.

“Any show you want to watch.” She answered.

“I want to watch whatever you want to watch.”

She smiled, “Well that is going to cause a problem because I want to watch whatever you want to watch.”

They both laughed and decided on the Ellen show.

Ellen was on the phone with a lady who she was giving a house to. The lady was crying and saying she couldn’t believe that she had gotten a new house.

Jason looked over at Katie who was looking at the T.V. He slowly moved his hand up to her chin and turned her head toward him. She kept her eyes on the T.V. until her head was completely turned towards him and she looked him in the eyes. Jason slowly moved his head towards hers and closed his eyes. When their lips met Katie knew this was right. Katie knew that she wanted to be with Jason forever. She wanted him.

They kissed for several minutes until Katie broke the kiss to look at the T.V. She had heard her name. On the screen was a picture of Katie and Jason hugging at the airport. The T.V. flashed several more pictures of Katie and Jason as the reporter gave a short biography on Katie. One of the pictures was of them laughing at the airport, another one of them holding hands walking out of the airport, them sitting next to each other at In ‘n’ Out Burger, and the final one was of Jason’s arm around her shoulders and her arm around his back as they made their way to the car.