Chapter Seven

Alaina P.OV

Waking up to my mate is the best feeling ever. Unfortunately, I didn't experience that feeling this morning. When I sit up, my head throbs. I'm not in my room, but in an empty one with only one window. One window with bars on it. Can a girl get one damn day with her mate?

I groan in discomfort as I stand up. I rest my head on the door in frustration when I realize it's locked. I want to sit down and cry, I just want some damn peace. I just want my mate. I just want all of our worries to go away. I bang on the door like a maniac.

''Hello! Let me out! What the hell do you want?!''

I kick the door but I have no training, I'm weak. I try slamming myself into the door but it does nothing except make my shoulder ache. Suddenly, I hear footsteps. I back away from the door when I hear someone unlocking it. The door opens and what I see shocks me. I see a well-built man and behind him is the woman who pushed me into the pool. Great. That's just who I wanted to see today.

She steps inside of the room with a maniacal smirk on her face.

''Hello, pup.''

''Who the hell are you?''

Yeah, I know. Such a basic thing to say. Whatever, I want to know who the hell she is, although, I have an inkling of who she may be.

''I'm Ace's true mate.''

I stifle a laugh, the last thing I need right now is to look like a crazy person. This is just so cliche. Jealous ex? It's been done so many times, come on.

When I don't reply she rolls her eyes, ''I'm Violet, I'm sure you've heard of me.''

''Oh, you! Of course, you're the one that Ace regrets the most!''

She growls and takes a step closer, ''I don't care what you say. With you out of the way, Ace will be all mine.''

''So you're good with being a rebound?''

''I'd watch it, pup.''

''How did you even take me without Ace noticing?''

Violet smirks, ''Wouldn't you like to know.''

''Well, duh, that's why I asked.''

''Whatever,'' she scoffs, ''He was distracted and it was pretty easy to get you out of the house.''

''How did you get out of the pack land?''

''Oh, I didn't, that would be impossible.

''Good to know.''

''It's funny, Ace must not care about you that much. I mean, it was just so easy kidnapping you.''

I clench my jaw, that hurt. She does have a point.

''I'll deal with you later, pup. I have something else to do.''

With that, she turns on her heel and leaves.

***

It's been two days and I'm starting to think that Ace isn't coming for me. Maybe he and Violet are together right now. The thought makes me want to hurl. Not that I have anything to throw up, I'm starving. I haven't eaten in about forty-eight hours. I stand up shakily and look out the barred window. No. It's a full moon. It can't be. I collapse onto the ground, tears threatening to fall from my eyes. Ace was supposed to be with me, he was supposed to help me through it.

Now that I think about it, I feel hotter than usual.

As the minutes go by, I get hotter and hotter. Now, my entire body is covered in sweat. I sit up and take off my shirt but I hardly notice a change in temperature. Then the pain starts. At first, I hardly notice it but in a matter of seconds, it feels as if I'm on fire. I scream, again and again, feeling as if a flame is starting at my toes and quickly surges to my head. It happens over and over again. I scream until I lose my voice. Hours later, I lay on the ground, unable to move or scream, unable to do anything but sit through this torturous hell.