Chapter Four

Alaina P.O.V

''What did you do?'' Ace growls, the question directed at Landon.

Alette lets go and stands in front of me, ''She's just stressed, Ace.''

''Is that true?'' he asks me.

I can't answer, I open my mouth to say something but nothing comes out. Suddenly, Ace has slammed Landon against the wall.

''What did you do?'' he asks again, shaking with rage.

''Nothing, Ace I swear-''

Ace punches Landon in the face and I hear a crunch, Landon groans.

''Ace, stop!'' Alette says taking a step toward them.

''Alette, don't,'' Landon warns.

Alette turns to me, her eyes filled with concern, ''Alaina, I know you're scared but please. You're the only one who can calm him down. He's blinded by rage, please,'' she begs.

I nod and hesitantly approach my furious mate. He punches Landon again and Alette cries out. I force myself to move faster despite my petrified state. I'm trembling as I place my hand on my mate's shoulder.

''Ace?'' I croak.

 He freezes and I see his grip on Landon loosen.

''Please stop, you're scaring me,'' my voice shakes.

He lets go of Landon completely, turning to face me as Alette runs to her mate's side.

His eyes soften, ''I'm sorry.''

I wrap my arms around his neck and he pulls me into him, wrapping his arms around my waist, ''I'm sorry, Alaina. I'm so sorry.''

''I'm fine, it's okay.''

''No, it's not,'' he whispers.

''It's not your fault,'' I say and pull away from his embrace. I immediately miss the feeling of his arms around me.

''I'm sorry, Landon. It's kind of my fault you got punched.''

''Nah, it's all good. I get it.''

''I still feel guilty.''

''Don't, it's not your fault,'' Alette says glaring at Ace.

He sighs, ''I'm sorry too, I just lost it.''

Landon runs his hand through his sandy, brown hair, ''It's all good,'' he repeats.

Alette nods, ''Yeah, we understand. Just don't let it happen again.''

I need to be alone with Ace but not in Alette and Landon's room so I leave without saying anything but I look over my shoulder at my mate. I go into my room and Ace walks in a few seconds later. I instantly wrap my arms around his neck again, craving his warmth. He doesn't hesitate before wrapping his muscular arms around my waist once again. I bury my face into the crook of his neck. I could stay like this forever, I want to.

''I'm not going to reject you so don't you dare think that,'' I tell him.

''Why were you crying?'' he asks, his grip tightening around my waist.

''I thought you were going to reject me,'' I say quietly.

''Why would you think that? I'd never do that, I wouldn't even think of it.''

''I didn't know how much Quentin or Landon told you about my past, I thought you wouldn't want me knowing how little I know about this world.''

''They didn't tell me anything except that you were held captive which I already knew since I granted Quentin permission to go get you. I'm not going to lie, it bothers me that they know more about my own mate than I do,'' he tells me softly.