Chapter Twelve

Okay, let me explain why I haven't uploaded for so long. So, I am in the middle of an exchange right now which means I miss A LOT of school so first, I had to get ahead of my class before the exchange students came here to do activities and I miss school. I hosted four people so I was quite occupied and didn't have time to write. On Saturday, I am flying out to Alberta so right now, I am trying to get ahead again and get all my current work done too. I will try to get at least one more chapter out before I leave but I have no idea what my uploading schedule will be like for the next two weeks.

Word count: 1734

Alaina P.O.V

''Ace, we have to stop.''

He stops kissing me immediately and meets my eyes. I check to see if the wall is still up. Thankfully, it is. His gaze makes me feel weak.

''The others will be wondering where we are.''

He smirks, ''Oh, they know.''

I blush, ''Yeah, but I don't want them to.''

Ace takes it the wrong way and frowns, ''Why?''

''I didn't mean that I'm ashamed of us but it's- I don't- It would- I don't know how to say it.''

I look at him to realize that he has a stupid smirk on his face, so I roll my eyes and shove him back lightly. He doesn't let me go so easily. As I go to leave, he spins me around to face him and kisses me again. I can't help but smile against his lips and I feel him smile as well. When he pulls away, I know I'm grinning like an idiot but again, I can't help it.

I walk upstairs with a smile on my face and when Alette yanks me into her room, my smile doesn't fade and I'm hardly stunned.

''Ohhhh, she's smiling like a goof!'' Maya exclaims.

''Did you lose? I swear to god, I'll-''

''I won, chill.''

''You better have,'' Alette grumbles.

I shake my head in response. I only then realize that Alette is wearing a revealing, red bikini, red really suits her. Maya has a turquoise one-piece in her hand and I notice that Alette is holding a black bikini out to me, it's almost as revealing as hers, ''Take it.''

I sigh realizing there is no point in arguing with her. She dresses me practically every day which should probably stop. Maya and I change and we head to the outdoor pool.

Just before we open the back door Alette whispers something to me, ''Make sure your wall is up, you don't want Ace to hear all of your dirty, dirty thoughts.''

I furrow my eyebrows, ''What?''

She only smirks at me wriggling her eyebrows before pushing the door open. I see Ace. I have to force my mouth to stay closed and I can only see his back. I concentrate on keeping my wall up so my weird thoughts aren't shared with my mate. When he turns around, I nearly drop dead. He has an eight pack for crying out loud, his chest is defined and muscular and his shoulders appear even broader.

Ace only stares at me, I catch him checking me out. I suddenly feel exposed, I can feel the heat rising up my neck and spreading to my cheeks. He then makes eye contact with me and I avert my eyes, lifting a hand to the back of my neck nervously.

''Alaina, get over here!'' Alette calls from the deep end of the pool. Glad for the save, I walk over to her. I'm also eager to learn how to swim. I don't even know what it feels like.

''What's up?'' I ask pursing my lips.

''Um, I'm teaching you how to swim. Duh.''

I roll my eyes impatiently and cross my arms. I feel Ace staring at me but I do my best to ignore it.