Chapter Nine

Word Count: 2106

Alaina P.O.V

''I don't want to.''

''Ace, she has to train.''

''I know but she's probably exhausted. I hate to wake her.

I hear a huff, ''If I have to start this early, so does she.''

I hear my mate sigh and I groan as I hear approaching footsteps.

''You're already awake?''

''Nope,'' I mumble burying myself deeper into the comfortable bed.

Ace chuckles, ''Come on, you have to get up.''

''What time is it?''

''Get up and see for yourself.''

I get out of bed grumbling and nearly fall over when I see the clock.

''It's 5:30 in the morning!''

''Yep.''

''I'm going back to bed,'' I say but before I can, Ace wraps his arms around me and pulls me into his chest.

''No, you're not,'' he whispers.

Ace uses one hand to move my hair away from my shoulder. He places a kiss on my shoulder, the sparks on my skin making me shiver. My head falls back as he places another kiss on my skin. Suddenly, I feel him pull away.

''Okay, time to train. Go get dressed.''

I hesitate, missing the feeling of his soft lips before turning to face him. I cross my arms and glare at my mate, ''I hate you.''

He feigns hurt, ''Ouch.''

I roll my eyes and go into the bathroom. I change into white under armor shorts and a black under armor t-shirt, I love under armor. I frown when I notice how short the shorts are, I really need to go shopping without Alette sometime. I know she'd never let me, though, she knows that I'd get clothes that aren't modernly appropriate or whatever.

I throw my long hair into a high ponytail after getting all of the knots out of it.

''Let's go, Alaina!'' I hear Ace call.

''Yeah, I'm not doing this garbage alone!'' Alette adds.

I smile and run downstairs.

''Are you hungry?'' Alette asks when she sees me.

''Yeah.''

She claps her hands together once, ''Well that sucks! We don't have time to eat, training waits for no man!''

I raise my eyebrow at her questioningly.

''I hate training, it sucks. Ace and Landon turn into heartless monsters!''

''I think you're being a little overdramatic.''

She grabs my shoulders, shaking me slightly, ''No, I'm not. We have to run, Alaina! It's the only way we'll survive!''

I grin, ''Is it that bad?''

''Yes, it is that bad! Why are you grinning? Are you looking forward to dying?''

I laugh, shaking my head, ''Oh come on, there's no way it's that bad.''

She looks me in the eye dead serious, ''Oh, it is. Prepare for training with demons!''

Alette shrieks as Landon sneaks up behind her and throws her over his shoulder, ''No! Alaina, help me! I'm going to die!"

I laugh as she doesn't stop calling for help even as they walk outside. I see Ace leaning against the doorframe, ''Are you going to come willingly or am I going to have to throw you over my shoulder?''