Chapter Ten

Word Count: 1503

Alaina P.O.V

''Alaina, sweetie! I'm so glad you're okay!' she exclaims, coming toward me for a hug.

I put a hand out in front of me and she stops, frowning, ''What are you doing here?''

''I came to see you!"

''I don't want you here,'' I snarl.

My mother looks taken back by what I've said. I don't know why. I haven't seen her in over a year. She kept me locked up for my entire life!

''Don't say that, Alaina.''

''Why shouldn't I? You've done nothing but lie to me for the eighteen years that I've been alive! you kept me locked away! When I discovered what I was, you and Dad threw me into a cell!''

''I had no choice, your father made me do all of those things.''

''You're lying.''

''Why would I?''

''Why did Dad want me locked away.''

''To keep you away from the werewolf world.''

''He's a part of it! You both are!"

''He didn't want Ace to find you.''

I freeze and I feel Ace tense beside me.

''Why?'' I ask.

''Your mate can't be trusted. Why do you think he's trying so desperately to keep you away from us?''

''To keep me safe!''

''That's where you're wrong. With you by his side as Luna, he can finally destroy our pack. His father wanted nothing more than to ruin our pack and Ace wants to fulfill his father's wish. I never wanted to keep you locked away but your father said we had no choice and he begged me. I couldn't say no to him.''

I turn to my mate who's clenching his jaw, ''Is she telling the truth?''

He nods without meeting my eyes. A feeling of a betrayal settles in my stomach. He lied to me.

''Do Alette and Landon know?''

Ace nods again. I have to get out of here.

''See? You have to come with me, Alaina! Your mate is a monster.''

''How do I know you won't lock me up again?''

''We won't, there's no point in it now.''

''Okay, I'll go with you.''

''No!'' Ace growls, I almost jump.

''Let her go, Ace. She wants to.''

Ace takes my hands and turns me to face him. His eyes are frantic and angry, ''She's lying. They're going to lock you up. They know that without you, I will crumble and so will my pack. Yes, I plan on destroying their pack but only because they've been trying to destroy mine for years.''

I yank my hands out of his grasp, ''You don't care about me, you're just using me to get what you want.''

''You know that's not true, love.''

I ignore the tingles the sudden nickname gives me and I ignore the part of me that knows he's right. 

''No, you don't get to do that. You know I don't trust easily but yet, you lie to me without a problem. I never want to see you again.''

I don't miss the flash of hurt in his eyes before they're clouded over with anger.

''You're letting yourself be lied to. You know I'm telling the truth and nothing but.''