Chapter 28. "Turn for the night"

"Here!" Danny called as he opened the front door with his key. "Here to steal ya wifey." He laughed as Cameron came downstairs. I got off the couch with my bag in hand.

"Just for the night, if you must." Cam sighed.

"I really must." He turned to me. "How you going love?"

"Well." I smiled and he kissed my cheek, in a friendly way. "You?"

"Been alright." Danny smiled.

"Got everything?" Cam turned to me hesitantly. I nodded yes. I got on my toes and kissed him quickly. Before I could pull away and grabbed my waist, pulling me tightly to him and kissing me passionately. I dropped my bag and tangled my fingers in his hair.

"Okay you don't have to do this every time. I get it. She's yours." Danny sighed. I pulled away and Cam smirked.

"I just like doing it." He laughed. I kissed him once again and picked up my bag, before taking Danny's arm and leaving my house. We got in the car and he drove me to his house, 5 minutes from mine. Though it was in the past, I always thought he wanted to stay close in case something did happen to me. Happen to me like it used to. Everyone knew it wouldn't ever happen, but I wasn't sure he was convinced. When we arrived at Danny's house, he got out of the car and opened my door for me, taking my bag and my hand and helping me out. He closed my door and still holding my hand, lead me inside. His house was smaller, but just as nice. I knew my way around easily and without direction. It was two stories tall with a giant white wrap around porch on the bottom. There was a small circle pool in the back, and a hot tub, and no houses for a mile in each direction. Though Danny was always at Ben's or my house, he liked his privacy when he was home. When he was alone, he liked to be very alone. I understood. But I never needed to be alone anymore. I didn't crave it. Danny brought my bag up the stairs to the guest room like usual, and I followed him into the small kitchen in the back. A bottle of expensive red wine and two giant bags full of Chinese takeaway.

"Yes." I groaned, feeling myself start to drool.

"I got your favorite." Danny smiled humbly. He set out to boxes for each of us and we ate with chopsticks. I liked the chow mein and the sweet & sour chicken. He liked fried rice and beef & broccoli. I must admit we shared quite a bit. I ate half of both dishes before covering them and pushing them forward a bit.

"I'm so full."

"Too full for wine?" Danny smirked as he started to pour two portions.

"God no." He passed me a glass and we walked to the living room couch. He brought the bottle. I sat down a reasonable distance from him and he turned on whatever Netflix show we had started together. As the minutes passed he came closer and closer, eventually putting his arm around me. I had seen it all before. We eat takeaway. Drink wine. Netflix. He puts his arm around me. I drink more and we start talking, and get really close. He starts kissing my cheek softly and pulls me close. We cuddle. But never do anything. Every Tuesday night. Or every second Tuesday​. Some weeks Cameron was feeling a bit less like sharing. Everything I had seen that night, I had seen one hundred times before. What was unexpected was a knock on the door.

"I'll get it." I stood out of Danny's grasp and closed my eyes, feeling instantly dizzy.

"You're drunk." Danny giggled.

"Shush." I giggled in return and walked slowly to the front door, expecting it to be Cameron. When I opened that a female figure surprised me. Myca. "Oh hey, what are you doing here?"

"I brought wine. Can I crash your affair?"

"I'm not having an affair." I rolled my eyes. "That's up to Daniel." She walked in past me, and right to Danny on the couch.