Chapter 2

7 years later

Anika was standing at the railway station.

“Saat saal. Kitna kuch badal gaya in saalo main. Hum badal gaye, likin shayad aap ab bhi waise hi ho.” She thinks to herself, then hires an auto-rickshaw and goes to a primary school. Shivaay was passing by from there when sees Anika. He gets down from his car but before he could talk to her, two kids come and hug her.

“Mumma!” they squealed. Shivaay gets shocked as she kisses their cheeks.

“Mumma aapko pata hain, Shivika aapki class main acting kar rahi thi.” Complained Ansh, to which Shivika hipped her hands.

“Hel-lo. Ansh bhai, agar aapko yaad hain, toh woh humara assignment tha. Jo aapne nahi kiya.” She says, poking him with her fingers.

“Tumhe pata hain na, mujhe acting karne main michmichi machti hain. Aur tumne pehle hi mumma ki acting kar li thi toh kisiki karta, doggy ki?” Ansh says. Shivika clutches her growling stomach.

“Mumma, ghar chalein?” Shivika asks.

“Haan-haan. Kiska wait kar rahe hain?” Anika says. As she turns back, she shocked to see Shivaay after seven long years. Ansh and Shivika looked at each other, then at Anika than at Shivaay, who stands rooted at his place, his gaze meeting Anika’s.

“Bhai, bhook lagi hain. I’m hungry. I’m hungry. I’m HUNGRY!” She starts screaming and this irritates him.

“Toh ghoonsa khayegi kya?” he says, ready to punch her but she gets scared and starts crying. He gets even more irritated and starts crying.

“MUMMA!” They scream, bringing Anika back to reality. She holds their hand, hops in the auto-rickshaw and goes from there. Shivaay recalls them calling Anika ‘mumma’ and thinks she moved on but then recalls their names; Ansh and Shivika, and remembers Anika telling him if they had a daughter, she would be Shivika and if they had a son, he would be Ansh. Unable to cope up with all the racing thoughts in his head, he gets irritated and breaks his phone (again😒).

Meanwhile, at Anika’s home, her children dumped their bags on the sofa and ran to play. Anika hopelessly rolls her eyes and picks up their bags.

“Bilkul Shivaay jaisi harqatein.” She says to herself, picking up their bags and keeping them at their designated place.

In the park, Ansh was playing football with Shivika, who ducked every time instead of kicking the ball.

"Shivu, yeh ball tumhe kha nahi jaayegi." Ansh says.

"Phirbhi, aap thoda dheere maara karo na." Shivika whines.

“Hello.” Shivaay says, coming towards them. They ignore him and continue playing.

“Maine kaha, hi.” He says again.

“Mumma ne strangers se baat karne se mana kiya hain. Bye. Chalo Shivika.” Ansh says, picking up the ball. Shivika follows him but Shivaay holds her hand. This irks Ansh.

“Aap meri behen ka haath chhodiye. ABHI.” He orders him in ‘SSO’ (or should say ‘ASO’😎👦) style. Shivaay loosens his grip, Shivika frees her hand and runs to Ansh. He takes her hand and leaves from there. Shivika turns back and Shivaay is shocked to see that she has the same kanji aankhein like him.
“Kya yeh wohi hain jo main soch raha hoon. Kya yeh mere aur Anika ke…Nahi…Pehle mujhe proofs chahiye.” He thinks to himself, brushing his hair. What he doesn’t notice is, Ansh brushing his hair in the same way.

*****

Precap: Anika tells Ansh and Shivika about their dad.

Tanhaiya...( A ShivIka FF) ||✓||जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें