1. There's Always Hope

Jade’s POV

I suddenly heard the dreaded scream which came from my best friend. “Jade help!” she screamed. I turned to see one walker on either side of her biting at the shoulders. Her exposed flesh attracted more walkers. Suddenly Déjà vu hit me. It was just like Ashton’s passing except worse. I pulled out a few arrows and aimed to the walkers heads but it was too late. Lucy was gone. The walkers were tearing her apart limb by limb. I felt as though I was in a nightmare. I grabbed my bag and ran away. I know what you’re thinking Oh my god Jade! What the hell is wrong with you? Why did you just leave your best friend to die like that? Your messed up in the brain!  Well, I’m sorry. There was nothing I could do.

I ran as far as my legs could take me and soon I was out of breath. I sat down and leant against a tree and suddenly burst into tears. “Stupid Jade. Your best friend just died and it was your entire fault”, I muttered to myself. Suddenly I heard footsteps. I looked around the side of the tree to see a boy my age with a face that looked vaguely familiar. He looked in my direction and started to walk over to me. “Excuse me, are you alright?” he asked kindly. “Over the moon”, I muttered sarcastically. I looked up at him and realisation spread across his face. “Jade?” he asked. Suddenly I remembered. “Carl” I said with a smile. The first smile I had in a long time. “Dad!” he yelled. Suddenly his Dad came over who I recognised as Rick Grimes. “Dad, look who I found. It’s Jade Harrington”, Carl said. “Yes, I remember you. Are you alright?” Rick said to me. “I just watched my best friend get torn apart by walkers” I muttered. “Don’t worry. We’ll take you back to our home where you can meet the rest of our group. Welcome to the family”, he said with a smile. I nodded feeling welcomed.

“So Jade, how’s life been?” Carl asked. “It sucks. No internet!” I exclaimed. He laughed at me before saying, “Do you have a group?” I sighed. “I did but um, they’re all dead. My best friend and I were the only ones left and she literally just died”, I said. “I’m sorry”, he said as he gave me an apologetic look. “That’s alright. I have you now”.

We arrived at a very large Prison. “You’ve been staying here?” I asked. “Yep”, Carl replied with his very attractive smirk. Oh, I forgot to mention, back in the day (By that I mean when there were no walkers) I had a big crush on Carl but he was a friend. He looks way better now. Before he was just cute now he is hot! We walked thought the gates and into a building that said C Block. “The group is just in here”, Rick said. “Okay”.

Finally I saw a group of people. “Jade”, a man said. I looked to see that the man was the family friend that I adored so. “Daryl”, I said with a smile as I ran up to him and gave him a hug. “You know Daryl?” Rick said. “I was a family friend and hung out with this one all the time”, Daryl said as he patted my head. “I’m not a dog”, I said. He just laughed. The woman with short grey hair introduced herself as Carol, a blonde haired girls name was Beth, her sister was named Maggie, their father was called Hershel, there was also an Asian man named Glen and Rick had a young daughter called Judith. His wife/Carl’s mother had recently passed while giving birth to Judith. I remembered her, Lori. They had also recently lost a man called T-Dog and a girl named Andrea. They didn’t know that she was alive or not.

“So jade, what’s your story? How did you survive?” Daryl asked. “Well My parents, my twin Ashton, my best friend Lucy and her parents formed a group but after 9 months Lucy and my parents got bit and turned into walkers. After that Ashton, Lucy and I would go travelling around or raiding. Two months ago walkers got my brother and that happened to my best friend about an hour ago”, I said as I let a few tears stream down my face before quickly wiping them away.

After socialising with the group for a bit Rick showed me to my room… well cell. I was sharing one with Carl. Carl had the bottom bunk and I had the top. For a while I spoke to Carl and he told me his story. “Your sister’s so cute”, I said randomly. “Thanks”, he said. “Wasn’t Judith the name of our 3rd grade teacher?” I asked as we went to school together. “Yeah, I named her after our teacher” he said with a smile. “She was nice”, I added.

A/N- 2 updates in one day! Yay! Please VOTE and COMMENT!

Also puh-lease give me feeback! :)

~MadGirl