12. Somethings Take A Turn For The Worse

Jade’s POV

“Good morning babe”, Carl mumbled as he saw I was stirring. “What time is it?” I grumbled. Carl sighed with a laugh and replied, “Jade, we’re in an apocalypse, nobody knows the time anymore”.
“Oh whatever”, I said cheekily.
“Move over”, Carl said as he climbed into my bunk next to me. I moved over and he lied down next to me. He then looked into my eyes and kissed my lips softly. The softness of the kiss upgraded into a hard, passionate kiss. I sat up and leant against the wall as he still kissed me. He pulled away and started to lift the hem of my shirt. He was already shirtless and had just slept in some shorts. I on the other hand was in my pyjamas. He lifted my shirt higher until it was over my head. He put his hand on the small of my back and lied my down softly. “Jade, we’ve been let out! Wanna play?” a voice came from outside our cell. I looked up to see Mika.
“What are you guys doing?” she asked as she looked at us in confusion. I looked awkwardly at Carl before replying, “Nothing Mika. I’ll be downstairs in a little, okay?”  She nodded before running off.

I got changed into my usual clothes, a black t-shirt, skinny jeans and my leather jacket. I slipped on my combat boots before French braiding my ever so curly hair. Accompanied by Carl, I ran down the stairs to get some breakfast. “How close were we to getting caught”, Carl whispered with happiness. I softly laughed before whispering back, “I know”.

“We’ve got canned peaches today, kids” Michonne said as she handed me a can and a spoon, “Oh and can I talk to you Jade, once you finish eating. We need to catch up”. I nodded in response. I loved Michonne to death. She was like me best friend. I could rely on her with anything.  I ate my peaches as quick as I could and walked outside with Michonne. “So, how’s my Jade going? We haven’t spoken in so long. We need to catch up, girl”, Michonne said in a sassy voice which made me laugh. “There isn’t much to say. Carl told me that he loved me and he called me beautiful the other night”, I said as I started to lightly blush. Michonne smirked and replied, “Teenage love”.
“What’s that supposed to mean?” I asked.
“Soon enough you’ll want to get in each other’s pants. You know, with hormones and stuff”, she said with a smirk. I gasped and hit her on the arm. “Michonne, why would you say that?” I asked in embarrassment. “Because that young girl Mika said that she saw you two sexing this morning”, she said. My face went even redder if that was possible. “We weren’t having sex. We were just kissing. That’s it, I swear”, I said defensively. Michonne just chuckled. “You won’t be saying that for long”.
“You know what- I- uh- er…” I said, not knowing what to say.
“You see. What did I tell you?” she smirked as she dragged me back into the mini kitchen that the prison had.

“Jade, you’re as red as a tomato”, Daryl commented. I sighed.
“Oh, you know. Michonne just embarrassed me. No problem”, I said with sarcasm dripping from my mouth. “What did she say?” Daryl said.
“I said that her and Carl will have sex soon”, Michonne said quite loud.
Daryl just started laughing his ass off. “So true”.
“What’s going on here?” Carl asked as he walked next to me and put an arm around my waist.
“Michonne said that you and Jade are gonna have sex soon and it is so true. We can see it”, Daryl said gesturing to his hand around my waist. Carl’s face immediately went as red as mine. “That’s not true”, he objected. I nodded and said to Carl, “That’s what I said and they didn’t believe me”.

After that session of embarrassment I hung out with Carl in our cell. “Do you think it’s true?” Carl asked. With clear confusion in my voice I asked, “Do I think what’s true?” He chucked before saying, “You know… that we’ll have sex soon? Daryl and Michonne sure believe it”. My face went a shade of pink as I shrugged. “What, do you want to?” I asked. He shrugged in response. “Well maybe but-” Carl got cut off by a loud explosion. I grabbed my gun and slung my bow and arrow over my arm. He grabbed my hand and we sprinted out of our cell to see what was wrong. We met up with the rest of the group to see… the governor.

“Get back”, Rick yelled to us and we obeyed.
“Hey! Come down here! We need to talk!” The Governor yelled from the bottom of the hill, outside the prison gates.
“It’s not up to me! There’s a council now! They run this place!” Rick yelled back. The governor signalled some of his army and yelled, “Is Hershel on the council?” Maggie and Beth immediately gasped at the sight of Hershel being taken out of a car with his hands tied behind his back.
“What about Michonne? Is she on the council too?” The Governor replied as some man dragged out Michonne. When did this happen? I was talking to her not that long ago?
“I don’t make the decisions anymore!” Rick shouted.
“You’re making the decisions today, Rick. Come down here and lets have that talk”.

Rick looked at Daryl, who simply gave him a nod. “You can do this, alright”, Rick whispered to Carl. Carl nodded and tightened the grip on my hand. “You’ll be alright, Rick”, I said with a small smile. He returned the smile and started walking down the grassed area to the bottom of the hill. Rick started to talk to the governor. As we watched Daryl sneakily gave us guns. The very guns that Carl, Rick and I had used to kill the walkers that had taken the fence down. Daryl pulled Carl and me with him to a side of the fence. We stuck the top of the gun through the holes in the fence and we aimed at the governor. “We’ve gotta do something”, Carl said as he adjusted the position of his hands on the gun. “Your dad’s got it covered”, Daryl replied. Carl sighed.
“They’re talking. We could kill the governor right now”, Carl responded.
“Yeah, from 50 yards”, I said as I looked over at Carl.
“Well, I’ve got a good shot. I could end all of this right now”, Carl contemplated.
“Yeah or you could start somethin’ else”, Daryl said in his usual gruff voice.  “You gotta trust him”, I added.

Suddenly the Governor jumped off the tank he was standing on and picked up Michonne’s Katana. He put the Katana against Hershel’s neck. I looked over at Maggie and Beth who were clinging on to each other on the verge of tears. Rick started to make one of his famous speeches and the Governor lowered the katana. Maggie and Beth started smiling. Hershel was also smiling, having been proud of Rick.  “Liar”, the Governor said before he swung the katana, slicing Hershel’s head. Maggie and Beth started crying and screaming for their now dead father. A few tears slipped from my blue eyes. I looked over at Daryl and Carl who had a look of sorrow on their faces.

“NOOOOOOO!” Rick yelled as he pulled out his gun and shot the governor in the arm. All of us immediately started to shoot at him.