21. What Lies Beyond the Other Side

Jade’s POV

All the others had jumped down from the fence as well. I walked quickly as I held my bow in my hands. We made it to the back of a building and sneaked in. I could hear voices and people walking around. There were people here. If I just heard the shuffling of the feet I would assume walkers, but since there are voices as well, it’s definitely human. I went behind a wall. Rick moved in front of me so he could make the decisions. I peered over the corner of the wall to see a woman with red hair. She had a microphone near here which she was speaking into.

“Terminus those who arrive survive. Follow the tracks to the point where all lines intersect. There are maps at the crossings to help guide you with your journey. Sanctuary for all. Community for all. Those who arrive survive. Terminus, sanctuary for all”, she said clearly into a microphone which I assumed signalled out through radio stations. We slowly crept into the room they were in. I held up my bow.

“Hello, hello”, said Rick. I scanned the room to see that several other people were in this room.

“Well, I bet Albert is on perimeter watch”, a guy around his mid-thirties said, “Are you here to rob us?”

“No”, Rick replied, “We just wanted to see you before you saw us”.

“Makes sense. Usually we do this where the tracks meet. Ahem. Welcome to Terminus. I'm Gareth. Looks like you've been on the road for a good bit”, the guy said.

“We have. Rick. That's Carl, Jade, Daryl, Michonne”, Rick stated in his gruff voice.

“You're nervous. I get it. We were all the same way. We came here for sanctuary. That what you're here for?” the guy asked.

Wow, duh! No, we’re just here for the sake of being here. Of course we want sanctuary, I thought as I looked at the guy.

“yes”, I replied at the same time as Rick. Rick glared at me for a split second.

“Good. You found it,” he said before calling a guy over, “Hey, Alex. This isn't as pretty as the front. We got nothing to hide, but welcome wagon is a whole lot nicer. Alex will take you, ask you a few questions. Uh, but first, we need to see everyone's weapons. If you could just lay them down in front of you”.

Rick, Daryl, Carl, Michonne and I just looked at each other for confirmation.

“Alright”, Rick said as he took out his gun and placed it on the ground.

“I'm sure you understand”, he replied.

“Yes, I do”, Rick replied. I put my bow on the ground slowly. A quickly took my gun out of my holster but kept my knife in.

I spread out my arms so they could check if I had any weapons. They did the same to everyone else.

“I’d hate to be the other guy”, the guy by the name of Alex said as he saw the blood and scratches on our faces, “They deserve it?”

“Yes”, Carl replied coldly. I glanced at him before picking up my weapons and following everyone to outside.

We were greeted by a middle aged woman with flaming red hair.

“I’m Mary. Welcome to Terminus”, she said with a smile. Something about her screamed that she was another Governor. Something about her screamed that she could very well be the devils offspring.  It’s harsh, I know but I couldn’t trust her. There was something about her.

Rick spoke before noticing a pocket watch. Something about that pocket watch looked awfully familiar. Then it hit me, it was the pocket watch that Hershel had given Glenn.

“Where did you get that pocket watch?” Rick asked as he raised his gun. 

“You want answers? You want anything else? You get 'em when you put down the gun”, he said. After a little bit of arguing about guns and pocket watches the guy answered.

“I got it off of a dead one. I didn't think he'd need it”, the man replied.

“What about the riot gear? The poncho?” Rick questioned.

“Got the riot gear off a dead cop. Found the poncho on a clothesline”, Gareth said.

It all flashed before my eyes. We all raised our guns, following Rick. They shot at us and gladly missed. We sprinted around the complex as we tried to save ourselves. Men were mounted on the rooftops, shooting at us with a terrible aim. We ran passed a cage that was very perplexing. It had rotting limbs and human body parts in it that made my stomach churn.

We continued to run until we made it into a room. It was illuminated by dozens and dozens of candles. Writing was on the wall and some on the floor as well.

“What is the place?” I questioned.

“I don’t know but we have to get out of here”, Rick stated.

We escaped that room to be kind of cornered. People surrounded us.

“Drop your weapons”, Gareth  said as him and his people aimed at us. We complied and dropped our weapons.

“Ringleader”, he spoke to Rick, “Go to your left. The train car, go. You do what we say, the boy goes with you. Anything else, he dies and you end up in there anyway”.

“Now the archer”, he said, referring to Daryl. “Now the samurai. Stand at the door, ringleader, archer, samurai, in that order”.

“My son… and his girlfriend”, Rick spoke loud and clearly.

“Go little girl”, he said to me, to which I rolled my eyes at him.

I eyed Gareth.

“What about Carl?” I yelled to him.

“Go kid”, he said to Carl.

We all lined up outside the train car.

“Ringleader, open the door and go in”.

We soon followed after Rick. The train car was filled with familiar faces. There was Glenn, Maggie, Sasha and Bob. There were four others I didn’t know.

“This is Abraham”, Glenn said as he pointed to a red-headed man. “That’s Eugene. Rosita and Tara”.

Eugene was a tubby man with a greasy black mullet. Rosita, on the other hand, was very pretty. She had tan skin, dark hair and was very thin. Tara had pale skin, brown eyes and brunette hair.

“Eugene knows what started this and how to stop it. We need to get him to Washington”, Maggie said. Rick, Daryl, Michonne, Carl and I all gasped. We needed to keep this man alive.

Author's Note: So sorry guys! I've been so lazy with this story!

Don't read the following paragraph if you haven't watch the first episode of Season 5 of TWD!

Anyway, who has watched season 5 episode 1?!?! It's so good but I thought that they'd either spend more time at Terminus or kill of a main character! But omg that Carol and Daryl moment thought. It was perfect, and when Rick and Carl saw Judith!!!!!!

Will update soon guys!!!!

~MadGirl xxx